[SOLVED] Maximum RAM speed supported by NON overclocked Asus TUF -Z390 Plus Gaming Wifi LGA 1151 (300 series)

Solution
You do not have to overclock your CPU, as stated if it is in the XMP profile, you just set it and it is guaranteed by the memory manufacturer to run a that speed.

THIS QVL list[ is the latest for your board. Just look up the modules that interest you and see that the speed is listed as supporting Intel XMP profile then just set that profile in the bios.

RealBeast

Titan
You do not have to overclock your CPU, as stated if it is in the XMP profile, you just set it and it is guaranteed by the memory manufacturer to run a that speed.

THIS QVL list[ is the latest for your board. Just look up the modules that interest you and see that the speed is listed as supporting Intel XMP profile then just set that profile in the bios.

Solution

tiebushan

Honorable
Mar 15, 2014
oh, I see, so, if I put 2 x 8GB sticks of RAM 3200MHz in that motherboard, it will utilize all 3200MHz speed without me needing to do anything?
cause I dont really understand what overclocking is. is it a configuration in the BIOS? tweak some hardware?
thanks

tiebushan

Honorable
Mar 15, 2014
Just need to turn on xmp profile in bios

after further research, seems that by setting the frequency, it's already considered overclocking, which may or may not introduce instability. what's the best frequency (fastest but most stable) for this motherboard (I assume frequency is dependent on motherboard spec)?
thanks