[SOLVED] Maximum vCore for i7 13700K

quadrax

Honorable
Feb 5, 2018
Hello all,

I would like to ask, what could be considered as safe voltage (vCore, not SVID), for using 24/7 ? My temperatures are ok, i am using Liquid Freezer Cooler 360 AIO.
I am currently sitting at 5.5GHz P-Cores but at 1.474v

Can someone explain to me, what can be maximum vCore for rocket lake ? Thanks alot!

Solution
Every chip is a little different. Higher voltages increase the chances of premature failure. If you can afford to replace the CPU any time, the risk is entirely up to you.

But if you can drop 100Mhz and .1 volts at the same time, I think the trade off in power consumption/temperatures is worth it.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Raptor Lake. Rocket lake is 11th gen and still on 14nm++++ Raptor Lake is on Intel 10nm (N7) which should have less margin of safety on the high end.

I believe 1.3 volts is the recommended maximum, hardcore overclockers are calling 1.45 safe. But for a daily driver, I would probably settle around 1.35 volts.

I ran my 7700k at 1.419 volts for years with no issues, but again 14nm node. 1.474 is certainly pushing things.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Every chip is a little different. Higher voltages increase the chances of premature failure. If you can afford to replace the CPU any time, the risk is entirely up to you.

But if you can drop 100Mhz and .1 volts at the same time, I think the trade off in power consumption/temperatures is worth it.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
Solution