[SOLVED] Maximus Hero XII boot from USB?

Skiff

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
I have recently begun to work from home which requires me to boot from a USB. To do this I have to boot into the BIOS and reboot every single time I want to boot from the USB despite the fact that in the BIOS it says that the USB is the primary boot disk. I thought this meant that so long as the USB is inserted the PC will always default to booting the USB but as I said, this is not the case. Why is it not booting from the USB automatically?

Edit: Just to add, if I use F8 to bring up the boot menu, this directs me to the BIOS, though if I do it this way the Boot priority section is grayed out and inaccessible, this also does not boot from the USB once exited.

I have recently begun to work from home which requires me to boot from a USB. To do this I have to boot into the BIOS and reboot every single time I want to boot from the USB despite the fact that in the BIOS it says that the USB is the primary boot disk. I thought this meant that so long as the USB is inserted the PC will always default to booting the USB but as I said, this is not the case. Why is it not booting from the USB automatically?

Edit: Just to add, if I use F8 to bring up the boot menu, this directs me to the BIOS, though if I do it this way the Boot priority section is grayed out and inaccessible, this also does not boot from the USB once exited.
Are you saving the BIOS before you exit after you put the USB at the top of the list?