maximus ix hero q code 53 ram imcompatibilty

ah4444

Reputable
Jun 8, 2017
Hi everyone,
Ive built a system but its not working.
I am using the maximus ix hero with ddr4 3200 gskill trident z. I'm aware that the i7 7700k wont run the ram that fast but was under the impression that it automatically reduces the speed.
ive tried all sorts of combinations with the ram. i have 2 sticks.
i even tried 0 ssticks but still gave me the error 53, which was unexpected. i read on a previous answer about the cooler being too tight and interfering with the memory controller. Took that off completely. still qcode 53. This is that part that i feared the most about my first build. Damn it.
Anyone have ideas or should i just give the mobo and ram back. is the ram acutally inncompatible cos i checked around on gskilz site and the board was on the qvl.
also when i insert the ram the dimm slot doesnt actually lock it in place on the second notch, so i have to pull up the ram a bit to lock it in the first notch. Could that be causing an issue.
Thanks in advance.

ah4444

Reputable
Jun 8, 2017

Okay ill do that next and post it later on. Do you think the cpu is damaged.

ah4444

Reputable
Jun 8, 2017

Took a few sorry for the quality

kEkuxa

gocJOF

gyMpVv

https://ibb.co/kEkuxa
https://ibb.co/gocJOF
https://ibb.co/gyMpVv

EDIT: the board says 1151, which checking google returns skylake, yet im using i7 7700k 7th gen, kabylake. have i been using the wrong socket the whole time. I was under the impression ix hero is a z270 board for 7th gen kabylake processors

ah4444

Reputable
Jun 8, 2017

Thats something i havent done yet.
Could you post the link to the bios please.I cant find it(FOUND IT)

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/
Download the latest version, unzip and rename it from MAXIMUS-IX-HERO-ASUS-0906.CAP to M9H.CAP
Save the renamed file on a FAT 32 formatted USB drive.
Connect the drive to the designated Flashback port (check the board's manual for its location).
Don't start the board, just make sure that the power supply is connected and on.
Press the Flashback button for 3 seconds.
Wait until the process completes.

ah4444

Reputable
Jun 8, 2017

did this. took the 2017/03/24 update for windows 7 64bit. dont actaully have any OS installed yet. Updated using bios port, it took awhile but still didnt work. qcode 53 still shows up.
It could actually be the board so I probably should return it

ah4444

Reputable
Jun 8, 2017

after trying everything, including a bunch from other forums and even running just the board and cpu alone, thats exactly what im doing rma-ing.

Thanks for helping out

ah4444

Reputable
Jun 8, 2017

I'd like to have been able to post some good news but, unfortunately aria is hellbent on making this a nightmare. After claiming I damaged the motherboard, bearing in mind this is the same motherboard I asked about in my other forum question, they say we can not take it back as its used. This is the same one that had scratches on it the moment I opened it. Then they finally say I can return it, and thats all they say. So I ask them about the full refund. They say if its damaged (those scratches) then I can't get a full refund. So I understand it as partial. After that they say we can not refund you at all as there is damage on the motherboard and you've used it.
My response, put me to a manager and I want to return the whole order. CPU,GPU ssd and motherboard.
I dont know about anybody elses experience with these guys but for the sake of them being a couple of pennies to pounds cheaper they are certainly not worth it.

ah4444

Reputable
Jun 8, 2017

Cool thanks.
Being technology/computer components, is it possible for them to deny it was already damaged before I tested them

ah4444

Reputable
Jun 8, 2017

Greate news!!!
The items have been returned and paypal should refund me in a few days
Now I can finally continue

ah4444

Reputable
Jun 8, 2017
After such a nightmare experience with aria.co.uk returning the motherboard and cpu(because it was such a nightmare I returned the ssd and GPU as I lost all trust in them), this just happened with another company
Guess what, even better is that I just told the other guys, More from group at morecomputers.com, that I wasnt sure if there sticks were working and that I wanted to wait for the motherboard and they tell me that "they like to give the customer the benefit of the doubt". Even i'm not sure if the rams faulty and they still practically say that we trust you, and will pay for the return postage for a full refund/replacement.
So if anyone has yet to buy components and they're not sure who to go with or if its their first build and want security morecomputers.com is wholeheartedly my recommendation.