News Maxsun has another wide "YTX" motherboard for Intel CPUs — Terminator H770YTX D5 arrives with backside connectors and DDR5-8000 support

Notton

Prominent
Dec 29, 2023
This reminds me of the mobos that Shuttle used in their shoebox sized cases.

I find it interesting that they went with a normal and cramped mITX layout, but then attached all the extras onto the front.

Reactions: bit_user

BillyBuerger

Reputable
Jan 12, 2021
This reminds me of the mobos that Shuttle used in their shoebox sized cases.

I find it interesting that they went with a normal and cramped mITX layout, but then attached all the extras onto the front.
The problem with Shuttle is that they didn't use a standard form factor. I have an old shuttle PC that I fried years ago. Would be fun to reuse the case for something else, but it would require some hacking to make anything fit. At least these are ITX boards. The extra length could cause issues with many cases. But it makes some sense as many GPUs are also very long. If the case has to be long enough to fit these GPUs, it can also fit these motherboards as long as they keep other stuff out of the way.

Nov 14, 2023
It seems strange at first glance that, with all the connectors on the back, they had to actually increase the size of the board. I’m pretty sure ASUS crams all of this into an ITX sized board with the connectors on the front.

Pollopesca

Reputable
Mar 19, 2021
It seems strange at first glance that, with all the connectors on the back, they had to actually increase the size of the board. I’m pretty sure ASUS crams all of this into an ITX sized board with the connectors on the front.

But does the Asus board have FOUR M.2 SLOTS?!

Honestly think omitting one of the M.2 for two more RAM slots would have been a better use of the extra space but to each is own.

Mindstab Thrull

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2014
Just want to point out that it looks like this board is wider compared to ITX, not taller: if you orient the board with the IO shield at the top of the left-hand side, it's bigger from left to right, not up and down. I'm a bit surprised it still only supports 2 RAM slots and not 4 given the extra width. That being said, maybe with all the E-ATX cases out, some of them will support it without extra effort?

Mindstab Thrull
Nomming ur sanities since 1863 BSE (Before the Sarpadian Empires)