Maxtor OneTouch external drive no longer accessible.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi there, I'm using Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus 1TB for about a year now. It never gave me problem before. During the weekend a friend of mine borrowed the hard disk and after a few days it cannot be detected on her PC.

I tried connecting it to my MacBook after she returned it to me but it doesn't appear on my finder and disk utility.

But on system profiler, the Macbook detected the connection made via firewire.

Can anyone tell me the solution for this problem as I've been trying to Google-d all night but I couldn't find the answer.

The hard disk doesn't produce any weird sound and the LED is not blinking.

I'm on Mac OS 10.6

G

go to a pc, win vista or 7 intialize the diask, then assign a new drive letter as all the step follows. format using fat32 and u will be able to use the drive again. have doen 3 times on 3 different disks, worked everytime. i just dont know how to do it in a mac thats all. it will recogninse it after.

dino98us

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
my 1tb one touch blinks when i plug it in but after it says new software detected, i get an error saying that USB device not recognized one of the usb devices on your pc has malfucntioned when i click the error it takes me to a screen like going into device manager.. im running win xp and root hub works generic usb hub workds but where the maxtor one touch should be it says unknown device and when i check the properties it says no drivers are installed. but it works on my laptop just not my pc. please help also no drive shows up in my computer, please respond or message me at Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.