Maxtor or quantum orWD?

G

Im in the process of changing my HD and i want to know what HD you tech guys recommend

1-40.9 MAXTOR 7200 rpm
2-Quantum Fireball LCT20 40 gig
3-40 gig Western Digital 7200 rpm

Or maybe you got better suggestion....

G

Don't forget about IBM too. They have great Hard drives.

Now to answer your question, I have to give you a question. What do you want more? Very quiet one. Very fast one?

If you will take a look in <A HREF="http://www.storagereview.com/" target="_new">this site</A> then I guess u will find which one most suits u. :cool: .
Good luck

G

If you want best possible performance, go with IBM Deskstar 75GXP. But if you want to stick with these three choice, I suggest you go with the Maxtor DiamondMax Plus if you're running Win98 as your OS. Quantum tends to use too much of CPU power under Win98. As for WD, it has a good price but it is intended for the low-end market with poor transfer rates compared to IBM.

yoda271828

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have a 46GB IBM 75GXP and it I love. It is the best hard drive I have ever owned (I've had IBMs, Maxtors, and WDs). It's a bit more expensive, but I believe it's well worth it. I think pricewatch.com has a low price of about $165 listed for one.

Atman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'd go with the IBM first....used a few lately and they run wonderfully although are noisy.
From your choices Maxtor, then WD, then Quantum.....but I still would suggest the IBMs..