Maxtor UDMA133 PCI Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
Got a 80 gig Maxtor kit... came with a card and cables (they didn't have the oem drive... and I'm all about instant gratification :)), will ship everything that came in the box except the drive (cables, software, card, etc...)

$40 obo. ps
paypal, check, money order...

FatBurger

Illustrious
Sorry, but I doubt anyone will bite on it. Not much use in an ATA133 card.

<font color=blue>If you don't buy Windows, then the terrorists have already won!</font color=blue> - Microsoft

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
I disagree... if someone buys a maxtor oem drive they can pick this up and have an ata133 interface for less than the cost of the Maxtor kit I bought (all I want to do is split the difference)

There are a lot more boards out there that don't have 133 support than do.

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
what he is saying is that there is no need really for ata 133 unless you have a hardd rive over 137 gb

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile:

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
ahh.. I see. Well, Maxtor has 160's out now... and I hazard a guess you'll see even larger drives before serial takes over. (No doubt this is why Maxtor marketed this standard in the first place... they knew drive size would outstrip the serial interface release).

I may be able to save someone (who has or wants a big hdd) a few bucks... if not than it's only 40 beans I'm out, it's not like the drive cost any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.