[SOLVED] MB for AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 8-Core 3.4 GHz & SAPPHIRE Pulse Radeon RX 580 8gb Gddr5 PCI-E Dual HDMI / DVI-D / Dual DP OC

lamegameplays

Reputable
Aug 14, 2019
Hi everyone, I'm new to basically building a PC and I might have been scammed :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: (I already got those parts with a discount on eBay but have not received them)

I was wondering what could be a good motherboard for a AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 8-Core 3.4 GHz and SAPPHIRE Pulse Radeon RX 580 8gb Gddr5 PCI-E Dual HDMI / DVI-D / Dual DP OC

I'm looking for a Mini-ATX or ITX (not really sure which one is the term), because I will be building my own case.

As for memory a friend suggested DDR5 3000

I'm planning to use it for video editing, image processing and gaming, not planning on overclocking it, at least not until I have learn more about it.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
I'd probably suggest a B450 board rather than an X470 - unless there are specific features than an X470 has that you want.

Size-wise, from biggest to smallest:
  • ATX
  • Micro ATX
  • Mini ITX
I'm assuming you wanted Mini ITX

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard ($119.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $119.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-14 14:02 EDT-0400

A friend of mine has the full ATX version of the ASRock Fatal1ty, uses it predominantly for gaming, and is pretty happy with it thus far.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
I'd probably suggest a B450 board rather than an X470 - unless there are specific features than an X470 has that you want.

• ATX
  • Micro ATX
  • Mini ITX

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard ($119.89 @ OutletPC)

A friend of mine has the full ATX version of the ASRock Fatal1ty, uses it predominantly for gaming, and is pretty happy with it thus far.

Solution

lamegameplays

Reputable
Aug 14, 2019

• ATX
  • Micro ATX
  • Mini ITX

PCPartPicker Part List

Thank you for your reply :) Actually, the only thing I think it would be cool is the Bluetooth included in the X470 but is not really a must so the B450 would be a good option too and correct, I'm thinking a Mini ITX for what I will be working on to create.

Thanks again!

Reactions: King_V