[SOLVED] MBR and GPT

kerangovender

Commendable
Nov 26, 2017
Hi
I have windows 7 installed on my primary HDD(MBR). I want to install windows 10 on another HDD with GPT. My Mobo supports UEFI.

Will I be able to boot both HDDs without problems?

Thanks.

Solution
You can add windows 10 to the boot menu of windows 7,actually the installation will do that automatically, and both OSs will boot fine,it doesn't matter if it will be GPT because the boot drive will still be the windows 7 one.

If you want windows 10 to boot up on it's own you would have to change the BIOS settings from legacy boot to secure boot and make sure that it has boot files on it's disk, which is a hassle to get right if you don't understand how things work.
You can add windows 10 to the boot menu of windows 7,actually the installation will do that automatically, and both OSs will boot fine,it doesn't matter if it will be GPT because the boot drive will still be the windows 7 one.

If you want windows 10 to boot up on it's own you would have to change the BIOS settings from legacy boot to secure boot and make sure that it has boot files on it's disk, which is a hassle to get right if you don't understand how things work.

Solution