News McDonald's McCrispy Gaming Chair Has a Fry Holder and Sandwich Warmer

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
they just need to make sure to say that the fry warmer will add 10 fps to your game and then mass produce them. throw in a free pair of "gaming socks" and watch the profits for the quarter triple!!!

gamers overall are the biggest group of suckers i have ever seen. they'll buy anything so long as it has "gamer" in the name somewhere.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
McDonalds fries are only good when they're fresh & hot. After that, they just get soggy and gross. Second best is to reheat them in a toaster oven, but at that point they're merely adequate.

That said, I stopped eating fries about 10 years ago. Entirely unnecessary carbs and sodium.

McDonalds fries are only good when they're fresh & hot. After that, they just get soggy and gross. Second best is to reheat them in a toaster oven, but at that point they're merely adequate.

That said, I stopped eating fries about 10 years ago. Entirely unnecessary carbs and sodium.
Moderation is key, if we like fries then we eat 20 of them, not 2000 and we will be fine.

Reactions: bit_user

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Moderation is key, if we like fries then we eat 20 of them, not 2000 and we will be fine.
Yes, but some foods are worse than others. I always remember that dude from Super Size Me, who ate 2 big macs for every day of his life. He seemed healthy enough, but he mentioned that he doesn't eat the fries and sometimes he even throws out some of the buns.

Probably one of the easiest health improvements most people can make is to cut down on processed carbs. Of course, it does matter what you replace them with.

BTW, 20 fries is unrealistic. At least, if we're talking McDonalds fries. You probably get at least twice that many, in the childs size.

Yes, but some foods are worse than others. I always remember that dude from Super Size Me, who ate 2 big macs for every day of his life. He seemed healthy enough, but he mentioned that he doesn't eat the fries and sometimes he even throws out some of the buns.

Probably one of the easiest health improvements most people can make is to cut down on processed carbs. Of course, it does matter what you replace them with.

BTW, 20 fries is unrealistic. At least, if we're talking McDonalds fries. You probably get at least twice that many, in the childs size.
If i recall he tried to do it for only a month or two and his doctor told him to stop because he might die lmao. I am partial to prioritizing protein in my meals. I usually stick to my 1g(protein)/24kcal restriction. You can find most anything but the worst of foods in that group. It allows me to very occasionally eat unhealthy food if I want to.

20-30 standard length fries or so in a small is what i was trying to point to.

Sippincider

Reputable
Apr 21, 2020
The creepy playlands, and kid-targeted meals, aren't working to hook the next generation anymore?

Good. Then get your pricing and product figured out. Versus making yourself the sustenance of last resort.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
If i recall he tried to do it for only a month or two and his doctor told him to stop because he might die lmao.
We're talking about different guys. You're remembering the main subject (also the filmmaker), whereas I'm referring to a guy he interviewed & profiled for like a couple minutes of the film (who worked as a prison guard, IIRC). The difference between the two was quite stark. Also, I doubt the "big mac" guy ate McDonalds at every meal, the way the filmmaker did.

I am partial to prioritizing protein in my meals. I usually stick to my 1g(protein)/24kcal restriction. You can find most anything but the worst of foods in that group. It allows me to very occasionally eat unhealthy food if I want to.
Even without being so scientific about it, it's generally good to space your protein intake over the course of the day. It's better absorbed than if you have it primarily at one meal. Adding protein also tends to lower the glycemic index of a meal.

I think people don't need a ton of protein, though. Better to focus on fiber, as that pushes you in the direction of healthy foods. Nuts have both protein and fiber. Just stick to unsalted or lightly salted, and nuts are a safe bet.

Reactions: helper800

Giroro

Splendid
Supersize Me was Clickbait Troll: The movie.
Highly influential today, though. Nearly every single story in any modern news feed (especially health news) is at least partially copying that guy, for money.
Speaking of unrelated clickbait, did you guys know that there is a planet killing asteroid in space, a brand new deadly disease, that unhealthy/healthy thing is actually healthy/unhealthy, and also that there will be a full moon this month?
I know all this for a fact, because I read the internet news. Once. 10 years ago.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
people have tried to replicate that terrible fake movie so many times over the years.

and so far it has never been duplicated. it has been proven false so many times but like many other things, we keep ignoring the science. people really really want it to be true so they just ignore the reality of it. now of course it is not good for you and should only be had sparingly, however the health risks are not even close to what they faked in that movie. really you have an increased chance of developing cancer from all that processed junk food, but going from perfect health to damn near dead in a month of eating it, is just ridiculous.

sucks that they still show it to kids today in elementary school to scare them away from it. not that it works, but they still use it to this day despite it being false.

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Supersize Me was Clickbait Troll: The movie.
Well, the premise was indeed a gimmick. It did serve to demonstrate just how unhealthy their products are. The movie also had other illuminating details, interspersed between the segments documenting the filmmaker's downward spiral towards organ failure.

people have tried to replicate that terrible fake movie so many times over the years.
No, I hadn't heard. I mean, it was obviously a sensationalist movie, but that doesn't mean there's no truth to it. I have to say: I'd be more than a little suspicious that McDonalds had a hand in some of those attempts to debunk it. That one movie must've cost them $Billions in revenue, over the years. We also can't know whether it spurred them to tweak some of their recipes, to make their products a little less unhealthy.

Anyway, it helped get me to cut back on processed carbs, and by doing that I lost weight without even trying.

Last edited:

Giroro

Splendid
Well, the premise was indeed a gimmick. It did serve to demonstrate just how unhealthy their products are. The movie also had other illuminating details, interspersed between the segments documenting the filmmaker's downward spiral towards organ failure.
Not just the premise, the execution. Mcdonald's is obviously unhealthy, but this guy is a bad and hyperbolic "internet actor". I beleived that guy's "I can't walk anymore and I'm litterally going to die after eating 4 hamburgers" act in the sense that I believe "somebody is so excited about a 30 second disney teaser that they pop off and start screaming while running laps around their bedroom". When something is just so obviously faked, it just hurts the thesis.

Besides, The Burger King Gaming chair is better.

TheOtherOne

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2013
I think there's a joke somewhere in there about Gamers being fat lazy unhygienic nerds who also happens to have unhealthy diet. :ptdr:

I just can't seems to find the joke tho :homer:

bit_user

Polypheme
Ambassador
Not just the premise, the execution. Mcdonald's is obviously unhealthy, but this guy is a bad and hyperbolic "internet actor". I beleived that guy's "I can't walk anymore and I'm litterally going to die after eating 4 hamburgers" act in the sense that I believe "somebody is so excited about a 30 second disney teaser that they pop off and start screaming while running laps around their bedroom". When something is just so obviously faked, it just hurts the thesis.
It's okay, bro. Nobody's gonna take away your sweet, sweet MickeyD's. We'll still love you even if you eat their fries like e'rrday.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
what the movie did do to the world was to make McD's get rid of the super sized fry :( :sad: 😭

for that i will never ever forgive michael moore.

there was nothing like getting that small bucket of hot salty fries as i came into walmart and then slowly consuming them as i walked around marvelling at everything i could buy. that is if i wasn't so distracted with stuffing my face with fries. lol

D

Deleted member 14196

You love to cause inflammation and aging? That crap is poison. I cook everything I eat. Whole Foods not processed. Gotta keep the A1c at or below 5.6% AND keep the weight off

have not eaten any fast Or restaurant food in years

finally got a really nice set of stainless steel pans to go with my nice set of cast-iron. No recipe is safe! 😂

I watch a lot of YouTube cooking channels in case you didn’t know. My son appreciates it. He’s finishing his undergraduate and I need him to be healthy.

as I read this article, I felt like throwing up because that’s what McDonald’s food makes me do. Calling it food is an insult to real food.

Last edited by a moderator:
You love to cause inflammation and aging? That crap is poison. I cook everything I eat. Whole Foods not processed. Gotta keep the A1c at or below 5.6% AND keep the weight off

have not eaten any fast Or restaurant food in years

finally got a really nice set of stainless steel pans to go with my nice set of cast-iron. No recipe is safe! 😂

I watch a lot of YouTube cooking channels in case you didn’t know. My son appreciates it. He’s finishing his undergraduate and I need him to be healthy.

as I read this article, I felt like throwing up because that’s what McDonald’s food makes me do. Calling it food is an insult to real food.
One man's trash is another man's treasure. I try to not eat fast food and when I do its a place I can watch them cook it. Do you make your own pasta, bread, or any horticulture? I hope to assume your new pans are all not non-stick pans? I personally love all of my silicon utensils.