Question Mechanical HDD, not visible in Windows 11

May 17, 2021
Ran across an article somewhere about an external drive hub controller issue. I was using a hub like this, so I moved to direct connect sata/data cable. Windows 11 shows only 746gb on my 3tb and doesn't even show my 4tb. When I look through the bios ui, I see both with 3tb and 4tb total volumes. Clearly, this is a Windows 11 issue, but I am clueless as to where to look. Custom built rig, has been flawless to this point. Any thoughts?

May 17, 2021
Can you show screenshot from Disk Management?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Note - you may not be able to access data on your HDD after moving it from external enclosure to internal connection.
It may be necessary to re-partition and reformat it.
[/QUOT
746GB is symptomatic of a 32-bit LBA limit. This is usually a BIOS or driver limitation.

3TB - 2TiB = 746GiB / 801GB

How is the SATA controller configured in BIOS?
So, if I can find the sata configuration spot, is it a simple 32bit toggle to set it for 64bit?

May 17, 2021
Can you show us the Partitions window in DMDE?

https://dmde.com/
I went into the bios, clicked some stuff, used the dmde app, I was able to recover the 4ttb, gave it a drive letter, that one is all good.
The 3tb gave me 2.5 to and shows the rest are in bad sectors. Need a tool to change from MBR to GPT and add a drive letter, but I can live with the loss.
I will end up with:
250gb m.2 for OS
2x 500gb ssd
1x 500gb ssd
1x 2tb hdd
1x 2.5tb hdd
1x 4tb hdd
Do I need to worry about heat generated by the hdds? They don't generate heat when not running, do they?