Question Mechanical Keyboard Advice - resonating ping sound

Leepoint

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can suggest a high quality mechanical RGB keyboard which doesn't suffer from the following issue?

Update with the issue at the to hopefully induce more responses: a resonating "Ping" sound after each key is released.

I have just purchased a Steel Series Apex Pro.
However, when used in a quiet room there's a horrible metallic ping sound: after each key is released.
I did some reading up I believe this is known as the "Filco Ping" and can often occur in mechanical keyboards with metal back plates.
I contacted Steelseries and they said that some resonance is expected.

BTW I have no issue with loud keyboards in general - for instance I'm fine with Blue clicky switches although noisy, the noise isn't unpleasant.
This ping resonance however is horrible and really bothers me. The fact it happens when the key is released and continues afterwards I just find it too difficult to ignore.

Reading online I've found reports of it on even the very best, most expensive keyboards. Corsair k95, k70, Razer Huntsman Elite, Logitech G513 etc. So any advice on finding a good keyboard for both gaming and typing which doesn't suffer from this would be massively appreciated.

Many thanks!

Last edited: