Question Mechanical keyboard issue ?

Feb 11, 2022
Since two days i have been having this issue, when i click a key once it types in multiple times , when i try to play games i can't even walk normally and when i try pasting something it pastes multiple times. I think its 'cos my little brother was striking his hands on my keyboard, but at the same time I'm thinking he could have used a shortcut that I dont know about.
I tried unplugging my keyboard and plugging it back in, i restarted my computer twice but it didn't help.
When i tried my other keyboard it worked normally, but i still want to use the keyboard that's got issues.

Colif

Win 11 Master
So have you cleaned under keys? compressed air or a paint brush works. I use both.

I did a few days ago and my keys still repeat more than I would like. Not sure if its me or not sometimes being slow to release. Its always the same keys for me.

Can Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

It doesn't delete anything, just stops things running at startup. Easily reversed.

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Feb 11, 2022
So i tried the keyboard on a difrent computer and it still wont work i guess ill just have to buy a new one :(

Feb 11, 2022
Key-stutter is often caused by the switch sticking down, or a broken switch where the metal component at the bottom of the switch is broken and makes contact multiple times.
What type of keyboard is it?
Does the stutter happen with every key, or just a few specific ones? - if so, you could try swapping one of the stuttering switches for a key you know that works properly. This may require some soldering knowledge if your keyboard does not have removeable switches.

DSzymborski

Titan
Is this your keyboard?

41lnLnpw-jL._AC_.jpg

Reactions: Chris.Calvo

DSzymborski

Titan

OK, this appears to be a membrane keyboard, not a mechanical keyboard. If so, any of the advice about switches is not applicable.

Your best bet is to take the keyboard apart and make sure the membrane layer is still over the keys and there's no detritus or anything sticky inside. If that doesn't work, the PCB might be damaged.