[SOLVED] Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation

Hey Guys, trying to find a cheap mechanical keyboard suitable for office typing. Current HP OEM keyboard is so soft and doesn't feel good when typing. Quiet is the major ask here and as cheap as possible. If there are lights, they can be turned off. Thanks. Location: US

Solution

The CUE software is mainly to control RGB features. I have Corsair RGB products hooked up to multiple PCs and I haven't really had any problems with it, at least not yet. Any Corsair keyboard / mouse you get with RGB features will have this application, and I personally think the Corsair controls are some of the better ones out there. NZXT and Asus are decent, but the Kingston driver definitely needs improvement.

Not mechanical, but very nice and quiet for typing, it's a gaming KB and it is a good one. And you can turn off the lights.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K48R5V4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know you are based in the US, but you can get some great refurbished Corsair keyboards. I just got mine in the UK for £55 instead of the £100 for a brand new one.
I am sure you can probably find some refurbished in America. It came in a plane box, but certified by Corsair.

I know but my current OEM version is not that quiet either :) Just want mechanical on the quiet side if possible.

Likely better to get one of the ones we recommended, they will be better quality than the cheap mechanical ones.

I just got all new KB's for my 3 machines, 2 mechanical and the 3rd is the one I recommended.

The old ones were over 14 years old and none were mechanical. ;)

Checking the reviews and it seems that this model is buggy in the sense it got stuck/not recognized from several reviews. Any similar experiences?

g-unit1111

Titan

Where did you see this? Most of the reviews I've seen are pretty positive.

checked reviews on newegg/amazon/best buy. quite a bit are complaining about CUE software that freezes. I am still leaning towards a mechanical keyboard just for good typing feeling... Checked online video and it seems K55 is quieter but G213 types better.

g-unit1111

Titan

The CUE software is mainly to control RGB features. I have Corsair RGB products hooked up to multiple PCs and I haven't really had any problems with it, at least not yet. Any Corsair keyboard / mouse you get with RGB features will have this application, and I personally think the Corsair controls are some of the better ones out there. NZXT and Asus are decent, but the Kingston driver definitely needs improvement.

Solution