Medal Of Honor Warfighter Performance, Benchmarked

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cleeve

Illustrious
[citation][nom]jaquith[/nom]While I appreciate the benchmarks, a couple didn't make sense until I noted 'beta drivers'...[/citation]

Beta drivers is a concern for you? In years of testing I can confidently say they rarely have any perceptible impact. When they do, which is very rare, they represent where the WHQLs are going. I can't imagine why that would be a problem, what's your beef with betas?

[citation][nom]jaquith[/nom]...and no defined benchmark just a walk through on (1) one level so ±4 FPS or larger variances are common with these type testing methods. What's your variance observation and how many times did you repeat each run or did you just do it once?[/citation]

It's a precisely defined run with almost no variance. With multiple (5x) tests the difference is less than 1.5 FPS, usually within 1 FPS. It's an extremely reliable method and I use a long (over 2 minute) repeatable sequence of actual in-game stealth play, so the variables are minimal. The jungle area seems to be the hardest on frame rates so it's an ideal worst-case-scenario from what I've tested.

[citation][nom]jaquith[/nom]What's your thoughts on the game itself? Have you played multiplayer? Any help is appreciated.Example BF3's campaign is bad, but multiplayer is great.[/citation]

All that's covered on page one, please read before commenting. ;)

cleeve

Illustrious
[citation][nom]jtt283[/nom]For those who can't quite afford a HD7750, it seems to me that even the most entry level card for games should be one with GDDR5. [/citation]

The GDDR5 6670 is simply priced far too close to the 7750 to be viable. The performance drops too hard with the $10 spread.

The DDR3 version of the 6670 drops even further, but at $65 the price spread means it's a viable product, at least.

G

Hope the 7850 isn't a problem, I just ordered one from newegg. It was like $160 with a promised copy of far cry 3, so figured it was a steal. Anyways I just run at 1080p, so I probably don't need the very top end.

mrdowntownkiller

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
[citation][nom]Katsu_rap[/nom]Can't believe my 560ti isn't in the benches. It's not too long ago that I bought it and I believe many people who bought it a couple months ago aren't planning for another video card upgrade just yet. I'm not really complaining but you know, where's the value of mid-range cards if the next gen cards and new games comes out and they aren't even tested?[/citation]

agree with you

G

hey guys i run a pc with :
2 gb ram 6700
1 gb geforce 9400 gt 128 bits
core 2 duo 2.4 ghz e4600
the thing is cenematics of some VG such as ACB & revelations runs pretty slow, but that didn't shock me as when i installed AC3 it showed that i have A DUAL CORE 2.3GHZ but i said may be it's some sortta glitch,i moved on. couple days later i installed NFSMW 2012 only to have the same problem: (W.T.F$$k.)
so guys any idea PLEASE.

Status
Not open for further replies.