Question Media Creation Tool not booting

joebowey

Commendable
Sep 20, 2017
Hi, I recently upgraded some of the components in my computer, and when trying to reinstall Windows OS I keep running into problems.

My upgraded hardware:
B350 PC MATE to MSI B450 TOMAHAWK.
GTX 1060 to Radeon 5700
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X - AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Added an nvme ssd 500gb
2x8gb ddr4 corsair 3600

This has probably been posted before but I can't find any solutions to my exact problems. I try to load with the USB that I loaded the creation tool on but I get a black screen then get an error message of 0xc0000225, which says a file is missing or couldn't be loaded, I have tried reinstalling onto the USB multiple times but always get the same error message. I looked up how to fix it but it requires you to fix it with the creation tool and troubleshoot, but I cant even get to that page.

I also tried using Rufus but when I try and load that drive it says change the BIOS setting to UEFI but when I do that the USB is not detected by the computer anymore. I'm planning to go buy a couple more USBs and see if that is the problem but I am running out of ideas and would greatly appreciate any solutions to attempt to fix it!

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a really easy fix and I'm being thick.

USAFRet

Titan
This has probably been posted before but I can't find any solutions to my exact problems. I try to load with the USB that I loaded the creation tool on but I get a black screen then get an error message of 0xc0000225,
You don't boot from the MCT, instead, you use that to create the needed data on the USB.

From a working PC, you run the MediaCreation tool.
It will build the USB as needed.
THEN you boot from that USB.

The first part of this talks about doing that.

joebowey

Commendable
Sep 20, 2017
You don't boot from the MCT, instead, you use that to create the needed data on the USB.

From a working PC, you run the MediaCreation tool.
It will build the USB as needed.
THEN you boot from that USB.

The first part of this talks about doing that.

I will check it out thank you!

Unfortunately I still get the same error code

Last edited:

joebowey

Commendable
Sep 20, 2017
Hi, I recently upgraded some of the components in my computer, and when trying to reinstall Windows OS I keep running into problems.

My upgraded hardware:
B350 PC MATE to MSI B450 TOMAHAWK.
GTX 1060 to Radeon 5700
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X - AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Added an nvme ssd 500gb
2x8gb ddr4 corsair 3600

This has probably been posted before but I can't find any solutions to my exact problems. I try to load with the USB that I loaded the creation tool on but I get a black screen then get an error message of 0xc0000225, which says a file is missing or couldn't be loaded, I have tried reinstalling onto the USB multiple times but always get the same error message. I looked up how to fix it but it requires you to fix it with the creation tool and troubleshoot, but I cant even get to that page.

I also tried using Rufus but when I try and load that drive it says change the BIOS setting to UEFI but when I do that the USB is not detected by the computer anymore. I'm planning to go buy a couple more USBs and see if that is the problem but I am running out of ideas and would greatly appreciate any solutions to attempt to fix it!

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a really easy fix and I'm being thick.

Fixed it, turnt out to be the usb bought a new one and it all loaded up instantly