media test failure check cable-----m2 ssd with an adaptor

varmaximus

Prominent
Oct 14, 2017
I was upgrading my storage and tried M2 SSD and adapter mentioned below, connected PCIe slot and tried installing win 10 OS. SSD appears as a network device and at first, OS installation failed with an error "This computer hardware may not support booting to this device. Then I created a EUFI boot with GPT" drive, it helped installing OS but after install and reboot, the system comes back as "OS not found" it is trying PXE boot and getting an error as "media test failure check cable'. I have tried changing options in CSM and tried both legacy and EUFI . Also tried SATA advanced options and changed ACHI to IDE but still did not work.

Please give me some suggestions.

MotherBoard : asus crosshair v formula-z

SSD: MyDigitalSSD BPX 80mm (2280) M.2 PCI Express 3.0 x4 (PCIe Gen3 x4) NVMe MLC SSD (240GB)
Mailiya M.2 PCIe to PCIe 3.0 x4 Adapter - Support M.2 PCIe 2280, 2260, 2242, 2230
Adaptor:

varmaximus

Prominent
Oct 14, 2017

Hi, Thank you for your response, I have tried resetting BIOS but it didnot help.

I am able to see the disk network device and I am able to select it for installing OS. But soon it finishes OS install and reboots, gets the same error message. system is trying PXE boot and fails with error "media test failure check cable'.