[SOLVED] Medion Akoya E15413 (most) often boots up into BIOS when I simply press the Power-On button

Feb 27, 2023
Hi,
My Medion Akoya E15413 often (four out of five times) boots up into the BIOS when I press the Power-ON button ... It doesn't matter whether the laptop is in sleep mode or totally powerd off - most often when I press the power button to turn it on, it automatically loads the BIOS... I then need to hit ESC to exit the BIOS, and only then it will load Windows. One out of five times however it will load Windows directly....... Does anyone ever had this same problem? What should I do to avoid loading the BIOS when I simply press the Power button?
By the way: I don't hold the Power button or anything, I just press it once...
Thank you!!!!!
-Roel

Feb 27, 2023
In your bios do you have an option for fast boot under boot section, is it on? If so try turning it off.

I finally figured it out, thanks to your help. Your comment about the hardware being plugged in pointed me in the right direction. It turns out that as long as I don't turn on (physically, with a button) my wirless mouse, the BIOS won't boot up, LOL!.... Usually (most of the times) I turn my mouse on just a second after I click the laptop's Power-On button... If I don't do that immediately (turn on my mouse), the BIOS won't load... So, that did the trick! :)
Thanks so much!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Fix_that_Glitch