Question Medion Erazer X7853 won't boot after sleep

curtailed92

Prominent
Jul 21, 2022
My Medion Erazer X7853 recently has started to have issues after entering sleep mode. Whether I close the lid, manually put it to sleep or leave it idle until it sleeps automatically, it will not then wake up from sleep mode. The fans will start and the power light will come on but the screen will stay black.

Even if I force shut down the laptop while it is in this state, it will not boot properly and it just returns to the same state.

However, this is not a consistent issue. Sometimes it will emerge from sleep just fine, other times a forced shut down will allow it to boot normally. It seems to happen randomly and I can't reproduce the results consistently. This issue does not occur at all if I shut down the laptop properly after use. It will boot normally every time.

Obviously the solution is to avoid sleep mode altogether but I'm worried it could be symptomatic of a bigger issue and would like to fix it if possible. From what research I've done, it seems it may be related to faulty RAM which would suck as it appears to be baked into the motherboard on this model. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks