Meet AMD's Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Driver Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark RM

Admirable
That's a large number of new features, some of which I can see being pretty useful. The last couple of years with AMD drivers has been a positive experience for the most part, glad to see this continuing to evolve.

Way better GUI than Nvidia and their abysmal Geforce experience... that require you to register... arghhhhhhhhh...

Thanks to Microsoft W10 overlay, I can record some basic video for reporting issues in SFV.

rodibarra85

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
My only real concern is game drivers update. That is something AMD has always lacking vs Nvidia. They need to create something easier and as automatic as possible to create a better gaming experience.

techy1966

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015

Yea that and also on a card that was pretty much maxed out on the oldest drivers and really had nothing much more to give in the form of any extra performance.

techy1966

Reputable
Jul 31, 2015
Thank You for the news coverage on this. Good to see AMD as always doing their Dec driver platform update. To bad there were no real updates for performance but I guess we also have to remember that with their new driver release's through out the year now that we have already seen most of those performance gains for most of the games released in that year.

I do have to say that the last couple of driver releases in 2017 have really seemed to have added some extra performance to my Sapphire TR-X 390x card. The card seems to get higher FPS when you unlock Vsync and when Vsync is on it seems like it is 100% smooth so whatever they have been doing to their drivers I hope that in 2018 they keep up the great work.

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008

AMD's own data points were taken from an RX 480 in DX11 games. The company isn't trying to claim these are Vega-specific gains, nor are they in DX12/Vulkan games.

Geo3

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
I've lost sound in Accuradio and Amazon Music after installing Adrenaline drivers. Other programs have sound. Has anyone else experienced this? I would appreciate help in fixing this. Thank you!

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009

I've had issues with AMD defaulting the audio device to a connected monitor after installing AMD audio drivers (usually come with the display driver.) Check your list of audio devices to ensure the defaults are setup correctly.

Also, may seem silly, but check the volume on the player. If it was disconnected during the driver install (and then reconnected), the player may have muted its volume automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.