[SOLVED] Mem test results help

Solution
Good morning, computer just finished mem test and this is the result.

What does it mean and how to solve the problem with errors on my cpu?
If you're trying to overclock your memory it means it's not a stable overclock and that's pretty much it.

Fixing it depends on what you may have done to overclock it. Sometimes relaxing a few timings or adjust on-die termination values may fix it, sometimes just increasing voltage a bit may fix it. It's a trial and error kind of thing at times, and can be very time consuming since testing is rather long process.

But the easiest fix is to return it to full stock settings and see if errors repeat. The best way to do that is to reset CMOS so the CPU IMC is forced to re-train memory. If...
Good morning, computer just finished mem test and this is the result.

What does it mean and how to solve the problem with errors on my cpu?
If you're trying to overclock your memory it means it's not a stable overclock and that's pretty much it.

Fixing it depends on what you may have done to overclock it. Sometimes relaxing a few timings or adjust on-die termination values may fix it, sometimes just increasing voltage a bit may fix it. It's a trial and error kind of thing at times, and can be very time consuming since testing is rather long process.

But the easiest fix is to return it to full stock settings and see if errors repeat. The best way to do that is to reset CMOS so the CPU IMC is forced to re-train memory. If the errors repeat after that you may have incompatible or defective memory.

Last edited:
Solution

lofthouse1982

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2012
CPU,Mem and GPU are all overclocked along with increase of voltage. The system doesn't crash or any blue screens. Only trouble i have is the windows explorer sometimes takes a while when using multiple folders. The voltage is in red but okay so far

Thanks

CPU,Mem and GPU are all overclocked along with increase of voltage. The system doesn't crash or any blue screens. Only trouble i have is the windows explorer sometimes takes a while when using multiple folders. The voltage is in red but okay so far

Thanks
Just be sure to run a full memtest on all memory, it can takes a while to run. I'd suggest using two different tests at least: Memtest is one, Memtest86 another, and Windows Memory Diagnostic another. There are many ways a bad memory overclock can show itself aside from immediate blue screens or crashes. One of the worst is a gradual corruption of your Windows installation and drive's file allocation system resulting in total loss of data. You want to be sure before turning your back on this.