Membrane or Mechanical? (gaming and working)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HiDood

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015
I AM ON A TIGHT BUDGET and don't know what to choose.
If mechanical: corsair k65 or razer blackwidow TE stealth essential.
IF MEMBRANE, gigabyte force k7 or razer deathstalker essential.

I am really worried about the noise that mechanical ones make because my sister would ACTUALLY PROHIBIT ME FROM USING IT if it disturbs her watching korean tv show and sometimes the stealth from chiclet keyswitches really helps as i am a late night gamer and could really benefit from late night web browsing.
Which one should i use? but if i really ended up buying a chiclet, is it good? and what is the point of changing anyways?
Thanks guys
George

Solution
I owned the G105 before my Blackwidow.. it is a sturdy, backlit keyboard that makes very little noise. I would have stuck with that board had I not wanted to get a mechanical one. It has macro functions, simultaneous key-press, gaming mode (blocks windows button & other keys from functioning during game), etc.
I do not like chiclet keys, so the Deathstalker was not ever in the question for me. If you want a wrist rest, you can get a therapeutic one on-line for a decent price that will feel better lol

P.S. you picked that guy's response as best solution? lol my efforts here are offended. He just gave you an opinion then skated.. didn't actually help solve your problem. :/

HiDood

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015

Yeah that is kinda true. i hate those haters too. but razer is overpriced. that is an undenyable fact.
and razer products's build quality is not quite on par with other brands such as logitech. but decent enough to survive slight damages.

HiDood

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015
Hey guys, i am really stuck on these option and dont know which one is the way to go. and there are cons listed below. decide for me guys!
My choices:
Logitech g105 (mainly for the backlights so i can see the keys, and for the highlighted wasd keys)
BUT reviews said it typed like a standard dell keyboard. Can you tell me how loud it is?
Razer deathstalker essential (i want the backlight :/, but the low profile keys really do help) and wrist rests... NICE!
I hate chiclet keys switches.
Gigabyte force k7 (love the low profile keys)
But people said the keys are kind of... glitchy.
Razer blackwidow TE stealth essential (Mechanical)
I may not need such an expensive product that doesn't even match my needs. (that split second really does not matter as im a noob, and noisy)
Tt esports knucker (Feels like a mechanical but cheaper)
But the only store that sells it is too far away, and the keys are not backlit
Cm storm devastator
really dont see a point in liking a regular illuminated keyboard that doesn't even match my style...
pls rank how you like them :p
Thanks
George

P.S I really don't see a point of changing one if the keys really felt like office keyboards without the low profile.

NA_xGG

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015
I owned the G105 before my Blackwidow.. it is a sturdy, backlit keyboard that makes very little noise. I would have stuck with that board had I not wanted to get a mechanical one. It has macro functions, simultaneous key-press, gaming mode (blocks windows button & other keys from functioning during game), etc.
I do not like chiclet keys, so the Deathstalker was not ever in the question for me. If you want a wrist rest, you can get a therapeutic one on-line for a decent price that will feel better lol

P.S. you picked that guy's response as best solution? lol my efforts here are offended. He just gave you an opinion then skated.. didn't actually help solve your problem. :/

Solution

HiDood

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015

Im REALLY SORRY DUDE, lemme tell you what happened.
My finger slipped and accedentally clicked the best solution. I AM REALLY SORRY DUDE :(

NA_xGG

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015

lol you don't have to be sorry. i was just messin with you. hopefully, you find a keyboard that works for you :)

NA_xGG

Reputable
Jan 12, 2015

That's great. Logitech products are built to last. As long as you don't take a shower with it, I'm sure it will serve you well for a long time. :D

HiDood

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015
Hey. i just got a g710+ which is about half the price in my country. nice deal, right?
but how do i take advantage of the cherry browns and kick ass in typing? because there really isn't a big noticable difference compared to my g105... probably i didn't get use to the lighter cherry brown switches. anyone can help?"