Memorial Fund for Company of Heroes Designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRockMonsi

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2010
Man, that's tragic. I feel for his family. It truly says something of him though how he spun the car so he could take the impact. Many accidents happen all the time, and it just makes you think of how many people don't do that in the end that have a chance to. If he hadn't, everyone would mourn just as much, but since he did it just goes to show you that this guy was truly indeed a hero.

And you know, a lot of people say they'd give their lives for something, (be it loved ones, or whatever) and I'm not saying they wouldn't, but this kid can grow up knowing that their father was one that did, and did because he loved him and would do anything for their protection. I hope that kid can someday understand that.

My condolences go out to them.

f4nt4sm4

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
Putting aside that the CoH franchise is a well designed game, I feel for him, not everyone has the wits to do an important decision in a split second.

Rest in Peace...

xantek24

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2009
My condolences to brian's family.... I have enjoyed company of heroes (still) since it came out...my next battle I will dedicate to him and crush the remainig axis with his spirit as my guide...R.I.P

xxmeltingsunxx

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
I'm sorry, but why are we calling this man a hero? I can guarantee that anyone going head on into another car would hit the brakes and jerk to the right (maybe left...?) regardless, i think this man was just trying to avoid the accident all together, not really putting his life first, or trying to be a hero....he did what any logical person would do. And what if he did turn left? would he be condemned as a killer? would he still be alive, but hated? i don't think so, he just would have been another guy in a tragic accident.

But on the other hand, i feel for his family's loss and i can not imagine what his wife is going through.

FrozenGpu

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
[citation][nom]xxmeltingsunxx[/nom]I'm sorry, but why are we calling this man a hero? I can guarantee that anyone going head on into another car would hit the brakes and jerk to the right (maybe left...?) regardless, i think this man was just trying to avoid the accident all together, not really putting his life first, or trying to be a hero....he did what any logical person would do. And what if he did turn left? would he be condemned as a killer? would he still be alive, but hated? i don't think so, he just would have been another guy in a tragic accident.But on the other hand, i feel for his family's loss and i can not imagine what his wife is going through.[/citation]

I hate to take away the thunder of his heroic efforts, but meltingsun has a point. He did what any logical person would do, and to make too much of a simple decision as to swreving right or left is simply a split-second decision and reading too much into it is perhaps a bit much. Let his family and friends mourn their loss, give them some privacy and peace.

fyasko

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2010
great story. tragic, but inspiring. this is a hard world to thrive in, anyone can be gone at any second, at least he went out with the admiration of his wife and peers.

bonezy

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Just donated $49.54 USD (I put in $50, not knowing it was CAD), the release cost of Company of Heroes, like I said I would. Regards and best wishes for the Wood survivors.

Keep up the good work Tom's and fellow gamers.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
At least he contributed to the continuation of humanity by having a baby. Too many educated people decided not to have kids and let the bottom half populate the planet of the future.

L0tus

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
RIP. His kids will grow up knowing that their dad was a hero...an honour that some living fathers even fail to live up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.