[SOLVED] Memory almost stable?

Hello,

I have Gskill 3600mhz b die samsung, no oc. Tried with 2x8 and 4x8gb, same issue. Rarely my PC screen goes black and only way to get it back to working is to restart the PC using reset button. I wonder what the issue is. My RAM is not in the QVL memory list of my motherboard, maybe thats why?

Specs are in my signature but here a brief:
Ryzen 3700X
Asus 2080 Ti
Seasonic Prime 1200W
Asus TUF X570 Plus motherboard

Solution
Can the RAM be defective? I remember doing memtest for an hour with no errors. How long should I run it for?
If you run Memtest86 then four passes on all DIMMs is generally enough and if any errors whatsoever, is considered a fail.

Ryzen 3700X supports up to 3200Mhz so a combo of 3600MHz and four modules may exceed the IMC (Integrated Memory Controller) capability.

You have a better chance of success if the RAM kit you choose is supported by both CPU and MB and have been tested and listed on the MB QVL.
Ram are not simple plug and play especially if they are OC RAM.

RAM that exceeds JDEC standards generally require manual tuning in Bios for Timings and Voltage and it can be a frustrating excersize if you have no Bios...
Can the RAM be defective? I remember doing memtest for an hour with no errors. How long should I run it for?
If you run Memtest86 then four passes on all DIMMs is generally enough and if any errors whatsoever, is considered a fail.

Ryzen 3700X supports up to 3200Mhz so a combo of 3600MHz and four modules may exceed the IMC (Integrated Memory Controller) capability.

You have a better chance of success if the RAM kit you choose is supported by both CPU and MB and have been tested and listed on the MB QVL.
Ram are not simple plug and play especially if they are OC RAM.

RAM that exceeds JDEC standards generally require manual tuning in Bios for Timings and Voltage and it can be a frustrating excersize if you have no Bios experience and for beginners it is best to Overclock your RAM using an easy overclock profile such as XMP or D.O.C.P.

Should you continue to have issues then return what you have and get a single kit at 3200Mhz (2x16) with Samsung B-Die that are listed on the MB QVL.

Due to recent manufacturing variations of RAM that are released onto the market each month choose your RAM from the latest updated QVL and it is best to update your Bios and chipset.

Reactions: Zizo007
Solution