Question Memory BSOD? Or something else?

Aug 7, 2024
Hi,

I’m experiencing memory-related BSODs with my PC build: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/baribarigood/saved/3MzcMp

Here’s what I’ve tried so far:

1. **Expo ON**: Advertised as compatible on Amazon, but got ~28 issues on Memtest.
2. **Expo OFF, DDR5-6000**: No issues on Memtest after 2 passes, but started getting random crashes and BSODs.
3. **Default Settings**: Ran Memtest and got 16 errors on the first pass.
4. Everything in BIOS default settings: Memtest seems to be working so far? (1 pass successfully)

Weirdly, I can game for an hour or two without problems, then experience random game crashes, PC crashes, or BSODs.

Notably, these issues worsened after installing SignalRGB. I did their troubleshooting and uninstalled it completely, but the BSODs persist. Before SignalRGB, I had fewer crashes and BSODs.

(Only other settings I had on in BIOS was a PBO2 -15 undervolt on all cores except 1 & 4 + 85c thermal throttle limit)

Here's a bunch of screenshots of the issues I was able to capture:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1x0Bt7LkcvFqdbGBJ2NrQN5i96qMUOH_F?usp=sharing

What other configs should I test out? Is my ram for sure cooked? Thankfully I can still return if that's the case.

Any advice on what might be causing these issues or further troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

(Only other settings I had on in BIOS was a PBO2 -15 undervolt on all cores except 1 & 4)
Did you use Curve Optimizer or did you just key that number in manually without a stress test?

FF4D532G6000HC30DC01 is the SKU for your ram kit, taken off the PCPP link;
It's not meant for an AMD 600 series or higher chipset motherboard, instead it's meant for an Intel motherboard.

Aug 7, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

(Only other settings I had on in BIOS was a PBO2 -15 undervolt on all cores except 1 & 4)
Did you use Curve Optimizer or did you just key that number in manually without a stress test?

FF4D532G6000HC30DC01 is the SKU for your ram kit, taken off the PCPP link;
It's not meant for an AMD 600 series or higher chipset motherboard, instead it's meant for an Intel motherboard.
Hi! Thanks for the hasty response.

I am on BIOS "Version 3014" which should be the latest update.
I used Curve Optimizer and edited the cores individually. Giving no undervolt to cores 1 & 4 (as HWmonitor said they were my best cores) and -15 to the rest as it seemed to be stable. (I ran Cinebench r23 for 15ish mins and had no issues)

Interesting, I noticed the listing still says "EXPO compatible." Would you suggest just returning the item? If so, do you have any suggestions for DDR5 ram (white/RGB)? First time trying to build an aesthetic pc lol.