News Memory chip production at risk as North Korea ramps up threats against South Korean, which produces 71% of global memory supply, 51% of NAND for SSDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member

MatheusNRei

Great
Jan 15, 2024
The same way an unconfirmed rumor of Steve Jobs having a heart attack affected Apple stocks a few years ago.
It doesn't matter whether or not they're a threat, if enough people believe in it it's still affecting the economy.

Last edited by a moderator:

MatheusNRei

Great
Jan 15, 2024
First of all, kindly mind of manners, none of us are here to be insulted.

Secondly, last time I checked "supply" was part of the economy and the "greedy scum of the world" are the ones who decide how much of what gets produced based on the price they think they can get for it and on the demand for their goods.

Not that any of it matters to you of course, someone who joins a forum just to insult the writer of an article and other users is clearly not looking for an honest discussion on the nature of the global economy and the sociopolitical factors that influence it.

MatheusNRei

Great
Jan 15, 2024
Yes, I'm sure you're right.
After all, political tensions have never caused supply disruptions in the past.
And of course, you have actual data to prove your assertions, right?
You didn't just pull that 'prediction' out of thin air.
But really, you do you, I fed the troll enough for today.

sebastienbo

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2014
Am I the only one who doesn't think it is good to have more 50% of a world dependency from one single country? What is a natural disaster happens? At most any country should never produce more then 25% of a world need. They should put factories all over the globe. Dale thing for grain, why did oukrain provide more then 50% of all grains in the world? These situations are really fragile and could cause disasters. Why are our leaders not doing something? Split those concerns over 4 different contents. That way a disaster or war won't cause critical shortages. It is never good to have all your important assets in one place. (Country)

Kamen Rider Blade

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2013
Am I the only one who doesn't think it is good to have more 50% of a world dependency from one single country? What is a natural disaster happens? At most any country should never produce more then 25% of a world need. They should put factories all over the globe. Dale thing for grain, why did oukrain provide more then 50% of all grains in the world? These situations are really fragile and could cause disasters. Why are our leaders not doing something? Split those concerns over 4 different contents. That way a disaster or war won't cause critical shortages. It is never good to have all your important assets in one place. (Country)
That's easier said than done.

Status
Not open for further replies.