[SOLVED] Memory comparability with motherboard

Jan 3, 2019
I'm building my first PC and I didn't know about qvl list for motherboards so now I have a question about compatabilty. Thing is that I've got a good deal for hyperx predator 2x4Gb kit @3200mhz so I got it and since I'm building a PC around Ryzen 2400G, was looking to get MSI B450 gaming plus motherboard, but on their site, I don't see that RAM listed on their vql list. Will that said RAM work? Doesn't need to be OCed. If this motherboard is not compatible, is there any other within same price range(100Eur) and same specs that could work?

Solution
Yes, it should work. Just because it is not on the QVL does not mean it wont work. It just means that they have not tested that RAM to work. Memory compatibility for Ryzen chipsets improved greatly with the 400 series. So as long as you get a b450/x470 board you should be fine.

To get the RAM to run at 3200mhz you will need to overclock it. But that is fine and is very simple to do in the bios.
Yes, it should work. Just because it is not on the QVL does not mean it wont work. It just means that they have not tested that RAM to work. Memory compatibility for Ryzen chipsets improved greatly with the 400 series. So as long as you get a b450/x470 board you should be fine.

To get the RAM to run at 3200mhz you will need to overclock it. But that is fine and is very simple to do in the bios.

Solution