[SOLVED] Memory Compatibility with Dell Vostro 460

smmm

Prominent
Aug 14, 2019
I'm looking into purchasing another older computer, and I've found that a used Dell Vostro 460 is a good candidate. However, the ones I'm looking at now only have 4 or 6 GB of memory, and I need 8 GB. My thought was that I could use an 8 GB kit I have laying around out of a Dell XPS 8700. Both 4 GB sticks are:

SK Hynix 4 GB 2Rx8 PC3 - 12800U - 11 - 12 - B1
HMT351U6CFR8C - PB NO AA 1424 1.5v

I thought this memory might be compatible with the Vostro because when I checked on Crucial, all compatible memory upgrades were 1600. Anyways if there's any information on if these sticks will work in a Vostro 460 is appreciated.

Thanks!

Solution
It is just a bit more involved than memory frequency regarding compatibility with systems.

Hard to say whether these Hynix modules will work or not, but good chance that they will, especially if these memory modules are from the same dual channel kit.

In the event these modules do not work (properly), then we'll look at other options.
It is just a bit more involved than memory frequency regarding compatibility with systems.

Hard to say whether these Hynix modules will work or not, but good chance that they will, especially if these memory modules are from the same dual channel kit.

In the event these modules do not work (properly), then we'll look at other options.

Solution

smmm

Prominent
Aug 14, 2019

Alright cool thanks for the help!