[SOLVED] Memory Compatibility

Jan 21, 2021
Hi there!
So after ran the memtest86 because the last couple weeks i got a lot of BSODs relationed with memory corruption and discovered my stick of ram is faulty (memtest drop over 7k errors)
yiHFp14.png

I decided to buy a new stick of ram, so i looked the MemoryQVL of my motherboard and it didnt show the stick that i want: https://www.amazon.com/Patriot-Signature-PC4-19200-Heatshield-PSP48G240081H1/dp/B07Q44YSHD
Patriot Signature Premium DDR4 8GB

My specs:
Intel PG 5600
AsRock H310M-HDV
8GB Corsair Vengance LPX (CMK8GX4M1A2400C16)
1 TB Seagate
Zotac GTX 1050
600W Antryx PSU

So im curious, this ram can work with my current MB ? Thanks, any help are aprecciated

PD: Sorry for my poor English

Solution
Hi there!
So after ran the memtest86 because the last couple weeks i got a lot of BSODs relationed with memory corruption and discovered my stick of ram is faulty (memtest drop over 7k errors)

I decided to buy a new stick of ram, so i looked the MemoryQVL of my motherboard and it didnt show the stick that i want: https://www.amazon.com/Patriot-Signature-PC4-19200-Heatshield-PSP48G240081H1/dp/B07Q44YSHD

So im curious, this ram can work with my current MB ? Thanks, any help are aprecciated

The QVL just lists modules that are tested and known to work properly with the motherboard. You should be fine with most modules rated for 2666 or slower at...
Hi there!

The QVL just lists modules that are tested and known to work properly with the motherboard. You should be fine with most modules rated for 2666 or slower at 1.2v. The worst that will happen is you have to send it back for an exchange or refund so you can get a different kit. You can also get a faster module and set it to 2400 manually if the motherboard doesn't set it to 2400 automatically from the JEDEC standard of 2133.

Also, if you bought your original 8GB module, you can issue an RMA warranty claim at the Corsair website for a replacement instead of buying another.

Reactions: francoml
Solution
Jan 21, 2021
The QVL just lists modules that are tested and known to work properly with the motherboard. You should be fine with most modules rated for 2666 or slower at 1.2v. The worst that will happen is you have to send it back for an exchange or refund so you can get a different kit. You can also get a faster module and set it to 2400 manually if the motherboard doesn't set it to 2400 automatically from the JEDEC standard of 2133.

Also, if you bought your original 8GB module, you can issue an RMA warranty claim at the Corsair website for a replacement instead of buying another.
Thanks man!