pewpew135

Honorable
Dec 20, 2015
Every time I open valorant, it lags so much and my PC is slowed too much. The error occurs only when playing valorant and when I updated it to the latest. At first, in resourse monitor, I noticed that vgc.exe uses most of my disk to 100%, but most of the time (aside from vgc.exe), Memory Compression uses my disk 100% too. I have reinstalled valorant 2 times now, performed sfc, and updated my graphics card driver. But to no luck, my game still lags. It only lags when I play valorant, not other games. I've contacted Valorant support too, but it's still not fixed yet.

I use an acer nitro 5:
Intel i5 9300H
GTX 1660 Ti
4GB

Note: I don't think my ram is the problem because I've been playing valorant since first week of September with this laptop and there's no problem with playing the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Every time I open valorant, it lags so much and my PC is slowed too much.
this could be the problem. Its a problem program and if it wasn't needed to play games, I would call it a virus.

get more ram, the problem isn't the memory compression, its you having 4gb of ram

Note: I don't think my ram is the problem because I've been playing valorant since first week of September with this laptop and there's no problem with playing the game.

really, you wouldn't get this problem with more ram. Windows needs to be somewhere to while you play so what it does is tries to squeeze as much as possible out of ram into page file, thats what the compression is.

with more ram the pc has less need for the page file. Your PC might...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Every time I open valorant, it lags so much and my PC is slowed too much.
this could be the problem. Its a problem program and if it wasn't needed to play games, I would call it a virus.

get more ram, the problem isn't the memory compression, its you having 4gb of ram

really, you wouldn't get this problem with more ram. Windows needs to be somewhere to while you play so what it does is tries to squeeze as much as possible out of ram into page file, thats what the compression is.

with more ram the pc has less need for the page file. Your PC might also feel faster.

Solution

pewpew135

Honorable
Dec 20, 2015

with more ram the pc has less need for the page file. Your PC might also feel faster.

Okay thank you for this reply, I ordered a stick of 8GB RAM, I will update this thread if it solved the problem. I thought it wasn't because it worked perfectly before and also because 4GB is the minimum requirement for valorant. I'm also having thoughts of what if my HDD is the problem?

pewpew135

Honorable
Dec 20, 2015
you could run tests on the hdd although I don't know who would make it, most makers have their own testing software. A program like speccy may show who makes the hdd - https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy/download

I feel 8gb would mean less usage of hdd over all. As with more ram it has less need to use the hdd. I have too much ram and windows has decided i don't need a swap file.
Both results from Acer Care Center and Speccy showed me that my HDD is in good condition. Maybe it is really my RAM, I'll update this thread if it worked.

pewpew135

Honorable
Dec 20, 2015
I got my laptop back, upgraded to 12GB ram from 4GB ram. Definitely solved the problem, it runs smoothly. Before I ran Valorant up to a hundred on lowest settings. But with additional memory, fps ramps up to 150-160. Memory significantly improved my performance.

TRENDING THREADS