[SOLVED] Memory for Asus B450M-A Moatherboard

eldide

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
Hi -

I have just upgraded my PC and i'm having issue with it booting up - no signal to monitor.

I have:
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
PSU = RM650 Corsair
Motherboard - B450M-A
RAM - Corsair Vengence PLX (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16W)

I've tried both the HDMI and the VGA and neither give me a signal. The only think I can see is on the Asus website it states supported RAM CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Ver.4.24 and mine is Ver4.32

Could this be the issue? As Ver numbers aren't shared when buying.

If anyone else has anyother ideas please help!!! This has stumped me for ages.

Thanks in Advance,
Charles

Solution
You mean a 1070ti?

Checklist,
8 Pin cpu power plugged in top left of board?

Gpu power cables plugged in?

Ram in slots 2 & 4?

1st stick econd slot away from cpu then miss a slot, 2nd stick in slot nearest front of case?

If still no dice try a single stick in slot 2.

The ram should be fine, if the board has been updated to be ryzen 3000 ready, ram compatibility will be far better than is stated on the boards support page.
All b 450 boards apart from the MSI Max boards require a bios update to run gen 2 ryzen 3*** cpu's.

If the bios wasn't upto date out of the box then it's going to create the exact issue you describe.

And it gets worse in all honesty.

You don't have a gpu listed, the 3600 does not have integrated graphics, to use the video outputs on the board you need a g series apu 2200g/2400g/3200g/3400g.

Reactions: eldide
Hi -

I have just upgraded my PC and i'm having issue with it booting up - no signal to monitor.

I have:
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
PSU = RM650 Corsair
Motherboard - B450M-A
RAM - Corsair Vengence PLX (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16W)

I've tried both the HDMI and the VGA and neither give me a signal. The only think I can see is on the Asus website it states supported RAM CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Ver.4.24 and mine is Ver4.32

Could this be the issue? As Ver numbers aren't shared when buying.

If anyone else has anyother ideas please help!!! This has stumped me for ages.

Thanks in Advance,
Charles
Which BIOS version do your motherboard has?
Does it support your CPU?
Do you see any lights or fan rotating that signal some life on the system.
Which GPU do you have?
I think you are connecting the display to the motherboard.
You need to connected to a GPU (graphics card.), since that CPU does not have integrated graphics.

eldide

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
Hi -

Thanks for your help and quick response

BIOS - I don;t know the version as I can't get to the bios. is there somewhere else it's documented.
CPU - The motherboard box says it's "AMD RYZEN 3000 Desktop ready" (Asus Prime B450M-A)
Yes, there is life in the puter, LEDs come on the motherboard, and CPU fan spins.
You are correct, I was plugged in the board, I've now put my GPU back in (GeForce 1700Ti), connected via the HDMI and still no monitor life.

Thanks, any more ideas?

Charles

You mean a 1070ti?

Checklist,

Ram in slots 2 & 4?

1st stick econd slot away from cpu then miss a slot, 2nd stick in slot nearest front of case?

The ram should be fine, if the board has been updated to be ryzen 3000 ready, ram compatibility will be far better than is stated on the boards support page.

Solution

eldide

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
You mean a 1070ti?

Checklist,

Ram in slots 2 & 4?

Sorry, yes slight of hand, 1070ti.
I've tried various of the RAM. just have one in slot 2.
8 pin cpu power - check
GPU Power - check and lights up.

If it's the bios, is there anything I can do about it? Can I buy a cheap AMD AM4 CPU to upgrade. I assume it should accept all AM4 CPUs?

Thanks,
Charles

Last edited:

eldide

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
Sorry, yes slight of hand, 1070ti.
I've tried various of the RAM. just have one in slot 2.
8 pin cpu power - check
GPU Power - check and lights up.

If it's the bios, is there anything I can do about it? Can I buy a cheap AMD AM4 CPU to upgrade. I assume it should accept all AM4 CPUs?

Thanks,
Charles
Ok, found out the issue. Box says 3000 ready, i.e. Capable but not ready. I think I need to buy a cheap old AM4 and upgrade the bios that way. :-(

Thanks once again,
Charles