Question Memory issue, doesnt run above 2400mhz, please help, FRUSTRATING :(

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
So i've had these hyperx fury rgb memory modules rated at 3200mhz for about 6 months now and i had the same issue when i first got them and its just that they will never work above 2400mhz and if i raise the frequency above 2400mhz , even at 2666mhz , my pc would not post and take me back to the bios screen stating that it had failed to post because of instability. i somehow got them to work at 3000mhz for a few months using 1.38 dram voltage and a timing of 16-18-18-18-36 and a trfc of 460 and a trc of 57 or 58 , and rtt_nom set to rzq/7 and rtt_park set to rzq/5 and rtt_wr set to disabled along with power down mode set to disabled, i had to do all this to get it running at that speed, jus why does this even happen anyways , but well now it doesnt even run at anything above 2400mhz even with the settings above... WHYY :(

pc specs-
asus prime b450mk
ryzen 5 3400g @4.2 ghz
rx vega 11 @ 1700mhz
hyperx fury rgb rated at 3200mhz but cant even run above 2400mhz
some random 1tb hdd
500w 83+ psu (zalman wattbit)

please help me if u can, im so frustrated, my bios is on the latest version too, this issue just suddenly happened like i havent even done anything :( , it happened after i changed my vega 11's freuqency to 1660mhz and then my pc failed to post but it posted later on with 1700mhz for the vega 11 and the ram couldnt be set to 3000 again and never to 3200mhz , i reset the bios countless times and finally i dont think the graphics relate anyway to the ram... and again, please help if u can this is just so frustrating.

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
"repair the motherboard"

What is there to repair?

I'm pretty sure all hardware is functioning correctly it's just not a good combo.

Zen+ Apu with probably a less than stellar memory controller. Low end motherboard. Less than ideal ram configuration / kit.
Soooo what do u think is the problem here, what needs to be replaced :)

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
I was under the impression he had a failed bios update and was now stuck with a non booting board.
Asus service center will flash it and return it.
maybe I missed a post stating he got that resolved.
I had contacted the shop from which i bought this pc , and i told them that the ram is from different packages and it would not work on the prescribed speed... and well they said that the ram should work if its the same brand and specs and they even said " the company wont make rams in single packages that wont work with the others " and wellll what am i supposed to do now 😭... i cant convince them , they say that it works and theres no problem with it , they even said that the speed is reduced because im using an apu and i was like wtfff bruhhh noooo omg , so idk what to do now other than to spend all my money that i have been saving up for a graphics card... 😢