Ranime

Prominent
Nov 16, 2019
I have 2x 2gb, 2x 1gb Ram sticks. Motherboard sequence of slots is following;
Dimm-1
Dimm-3
Dimm-2
Dimm-4

2,2,1,1 gb ram sticks were installed in the slots with following order. But suddenly PC started giving me often BSoD (s). I ran memory diagnostic test. That showed an error with Dimm-1 and Dimm-2 slots.
View: https://m.imgur.com/cbBJkzP

And PC wasnt booting up anymore. It gave 6 long beeps. I tested shuffling up the order of ram sticks. The PC was giving me beeps when I added 1gb ram stick that I decided to discard. I installed Ram in following order;
2-1-2
& PC booted up successfully after this solution. It worked for 3 days but now it is slow & laggish so much that pointer hangs. After that it didn't boot up. So, I tried removing the Dimm-1 ram stick that was 2 gb. Then PC booted but it gave me the same problem again after restarting it. Now it says; "Boot Device not found".
I don't know where is the problem?
Any help will greatly be appreciated. I am not a native speaker, so sorry for any mistakes :p
Thanks for reading.

PS: its giving me often freezes now after booting up.

Last edited:
When you install the RAM, you should install the RAM like this: 2GB, 1GB, 2GB, 1GB. That will be the dual channel mode, if you install the RAM like you did, that will be the single channel mode.

If you got the RAM error during the memory test, that means the RAM has problem, you will need the new memory.

Now you may try to test the RAM one by one. like this: use the single 2GB RAM, try to boot the PC to see the PC will boot or not. If the PC will boot, then shut down the PC, switch to other one to try. If you use one of them, and the PC will not boot, that one may have problem.

If you can't boot the PC, because you got the " boot device not found" error, you may try to connect the boot device into other SATA port.

Reactions: Ranime

Ranime

Prominent
Nov 16, 2019
Thanks for replying. I'll try checking the Ram modules one by one. Now I think the problem is more complicated than I thought. Sometime PC boots fine but after 3-4 hrs it freezes & doesn't give output for a time. BUT if I try to reboot after sometime it works fine again. Do you think is it the RAM module problem?...
Thanks

Ranime

Prominent
Nov 16, 2019
It is for UEFI Bios PCs but I have a legacy PC so in that it wont work :(.. Can I use its default memory test that can be performed before booting in.

Ranime

Prominent
Nov 16, 2019
Tested all of em. 2 Modules are gone okay. 2GB &1 GB (thats sad). Someone told me battery is dead it can cause same issue. BTW now I'll test if computer still freezes or not. I'll update you.

Ranime

Prominent
Nov 16, 2019
I changed the battery, removed the faulty Ram module, It booted up & slowed down with the time & hanged completely after 15 min (as always). Problem is different I think. BUT now it says Drive 0 not found. Its not appearing in boot menu either. Reseted BIOS but it didnt help. SATA 0 port is on. Please Help

PS: BIOS show up even with faulty RAM. This indicates problem is not with the Ram Module.

Ranime

Prominent
Nov 16, 2019
Try other HDD or SSD, the storage may have problem, or the MB may have problem too.
Yeah, Exactly. The Problem was the Hard disk. Thanks for helping me out. Im reinstalling windows on the other Disk. TYVM man.
Sorry for late reply.

BTW I also posted the same thread on Dell site but they stopped replying so now I know this is the best forum to get help. ;)