Memory management BSOD win10 ryzen 7 gigabyte ab350 gaming 3 (EDIT)

ChrisCamm

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017

After 3 months of running the PC flawlessly with the new rams, yesterday it crashed again, BSOD with Memory_Management error while I was using Adobe After Effects

Could it be the motherboard?
or a horrible coincidence with the WIndows 2018 Spring Update?

Specs New PC bought [strike]less than a week ago.[/strike] 3 months ago

Ryzen 1700 stock everything
Gigabyte GA ab350 Gaming 3 f6 bios version
[strike]2 Kingston 8gb sticks 2400 mhz[/strike]
2 Crucial Ballistix 8gb sticks 2666 mhz
PSU xfx xtr 850wtts
windows 10 on new kingston 240gb ssd
old Gtx nvidia 1050

[strike]Well, It all started with a few black screens playing games with the nvidia tdr error in the event viewer, no crashes at all, windows, nor game. the display only went black for a second or two then it recover succesfully and I can keep playing.

Yesterday, it happen in the desktop, just web surfing, black screen, then rcover, no errors in the event log.

Also i have found in the event viewer a bsod of windows fast boot not started correctly, then i web-searched and disabled windows fast boot. No big issue.

But today I was playing a video on youtube, then bam! it freezes with audio loop. I have to restart the machine and then i opened the event viwer and whocrashed. it showed the memory management bsod.
[strike]
i ve already tested the rams with memtest. 4 passes no errors[/strike]. with 8 passes i've found 100 errors
occt, furmark, 3dmark skydriver for videocard, no errors
prime64 and aida64 for processor

I dont know what else to do, all my salary went into this system and i cant enjoy it because of all this problems. I can rma it, but if i cant reproduce the error they wont return anything to me and all my money is going to be wasted
All components are brand new except for the gpu that its 8 months old.

Im tired of starting threads in this forum, but sadly i have very bad luck

Really need some help here,

Here is the minidump:

https://mega.nz/#!pz4mASaQ!oXx6q2dya08OrRYRygc-FEVxzOtcfAKAGiv6ck2f4ew[/strike]

Sedivy

Estimable
8 passes is usually a minimum for memtest and even then false negatives are common. Try removing one of the memory sticks and see if you still see instability. Yes it's much less memory but bear with it for a day or two, just to see if the issues stop.

ChrisCamm

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017

I dont think its the ram, it's 6 passes ok, i will keep it on all night just to confirm anyway
another posibility?

Sedivy

Estimable
Instead of running all night, just pull a single stick. See if there's instability. Try it with the other stick alone. If you give each a day (provided errors happen pretty frequently) that should tell you if it's a memory issue.
Otherwise I would have said psu but that's a good quality psu and not an old rig. Barring power outages or bad wiring in the house, it shouldn't die on you.
So could be system instability due to...malware? Something else?
I'd scan the system (with windows defender should be fine but do a full scan), and also run malwarebytes.
After that do a /scannow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93?auth=1
to see if you can fix any file corruption. Otherwise could be drivers, so updating off of mobo's support website all the drivers is not a bad idea. It's hard to tell like this when errors are all over the place. Could also be harddrive failure, so disc checking might help.

ChrisCamm

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
I tested again, 8 passes as you said, and bam, found 100 errors, you were right.
Is it definately faulty ram or could be wrong bios or software side?

I never overclocked anything and everything is in stock

BHXgEKv.jpg

Sedivy

Estimable
Memtest often gives false negatives but if you get errors you can be fairly certain something is wrong with the memory. Now it's a question of determining which stick. Try pulling each as I said, to figure out which one is at fault, and then contact manufacturer and rma. Memory issues are common and if you provide them with everything you've gotten so far and are able to say it happens only with this stick and not the other, they should be pretty prompt in providing you with replacement.

ChrisCamm

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
Before i start the rma process, do I have to make sure it isnt anyh bios incorrect setting?

I didnt update the bios from the f6 (came with default) but i dont want to risk the mother by updating it while using bad rams

Sedivy

Estimable
Well...actually you might want to update the bios first or at least check what the newer bios versions contain. Often they include memory compatibility improvements, which can sometimes resolve memory issues like what you're having. So while bios is risky to do, if you're careful and following manufacturer's instructions how to do it, it might be worthwhile to update bios first.
Also, if you turned on XMP (like a memory overclock) at some point in bios, you might want to try setting it back to default and seeing if you're still having instability issues. On that image you posted it lists it as 2400Mhz and if you bought it at such, then it should be stable.

Sedivy

Estimable
Dual bios absolutely works and can rescue you from a bad bios update. If you got it, that's an extra security step that if you mess something up, you haven't bricked your board yet.
Do not use bios update from windows tool. Do the flash with usb stick or live update from bios.

Sedivy

Estimable
Yeah it could be either/or. It's important to check cause if they rma and the issue is with that particular model of memory, then you'll need exchange for another model with different timings or return and buy another model or something.

Sedivy

Estimable
Then you should be good (provided they haven't added the model to the list after they put out the bios update for it :p), and whatever stick is faulty, you should rma. They'll probably ask you to send both because they kind of need to be in batches but it'll help your argument if it turns out only one stick is making it unstable as two going at the same time are less likely.

Sedivy

Estimable
Well not rule out completely but the fact that it's working with only 1 stick likely means either one of your sticks is bad and you got lucky and pulled the bad one first, or mobo doesn't like that particular memory batch. In either case, it is cause for rma on memory, especially if that model is on the mobo's qvl list. Meaning, your mobo is likely ok.
Another thing to try before rma is different slots. Like if you had them in 1/3 slots on the mobo, try 2/4, 1/2, 3/4 and so on, to see if instability stops at any point with both of them in.

Sedivy

Estimable
Right it's on the list near end of page two but that's a SS memory meaning it's meant to work as a single stick. The 16Gb version of it is listed right below a few spots, and it's HX424C15FB/16 which is confirmed to work with the mobo. If you bought two single sticks separately, that might not work. You can just contact kingston explain the situation and that it's not working, and ask them to send you the tested HX424C15FB/16 kit and you'd send them back the two individual HX424C15FB/8 sticks. Memory can be really sensitive to this. You're never guaranteed sticks will work together unless they're bought together as a kit, meaning someone checked them before selling them to you.
I'm heading out, I'll be back in a few hours, and check, just so you know why I'm not answering.

p.s. if you meant you had the 16gb kit purchased, just linked the wrong part number, then just rma. Something is probably faulty with one of the sticks. If you tried sticking them in different slots on the mobo and still issues, there's nothing else to be done on your side really.

Sedivy

Estimable
Well it's the same type and it's not a surprise they told you two separate would be fine, but truth is you're never actually certain unless it's a kit that's same batch and tested together. Just write to kingston and explain.

ChrisCamm

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
Ok, tomorrow I will go to the store since its under warranty for a year there, I will make sure they are in the QVL this time.

If everything is ok I will select as best answer and give you a huge thanks