[SOLVED] Memory not running at proper MHz, how to fix ?

Mar 4, 2021
Pc Specs: Intel Core i7 10700k.....CML Z490 ATX Motherboard......Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3200MHz RAM........PC is Lenovo Legion Tower 7i Gaming Desktop

I'm using CPU-Z to see my ram speed. it says I'm only running at 1063 MHz which doubled is only 2126Mhz. My old ram that came in the Pc was 16gb running at 2933MHz. I've seen people talk about going into the BIOS and changing the XMP setting to get the RAM to work better, but my BIOS does not give me that option. Im trying to figure out if this new RAM is a lost cause or is there a way to get the new RAM to run at the proper MHz. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Alex Storm

Commendable
Mar 2, 2021
Pc Specs: Intel Core i7 10700k.....CML Z490 ATX Motherboard......Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3200MHz RAM........PC is Lenovo Legion Tower 7i Gaming Desktop

I'm using CPU-Z to see my ram speed. it says I'm only running at 1063 MHz which doubled is only 2126Mhz. My old ram that came in the Pc was 16gb running at 2933MHz. I've seen people talk about going into the BIOS and changing the XMP setting to get the RAM to work better, but my BIOS does not give me that option. Im trying to figure out if this new RAM is a lost cause or is there a way to get the new RAM to run at the proper MHz. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Do you have the latest BIOS version?

zhiyeliu

Contributing Writer
Editor
Jan 24, 2019

If XMP isn't available, you'll have to setup your memory manually by inputting the speed, timings and DRAM voltage.