Memory problem

Zidanexo

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
Best answers
Hi everyone,

To get straight to the point, today i installed IDIF57J5 D312GB 1600-999 Vengeance in my pc. Now the problem started when Windows and my BIOS didnt show the 12GB that i installed. Instead it told me it was 8GB. So i figured it was 2 things:

1. One of the memory components was broke or
2. One of the memory slots broke.

Well after switching every memory i figured none of them were broke and they were all fine. And at a first glance it started to look like the memory slot was broken. But there was something odd about it, Because once i only put a memory in that slot (so only 4gb) he started up, but no screen .. no bios or anything. Just a black screen. So i figured that i might just had to update my bios to solve it. But nope nothing changed.

And now the funny part, I installed Hwinfo64 and it actually showed me he found 12GB. So what the is the issue here? Windows 7 ultimate and bios found 8GB yet HWinfo finds 12GB ?

My hardware

Intel Core i7 920 Boxed
Asus P6T
EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked x2
Samsung Spinpoint F1 DT HD322HJ, 320GB x2
Antec Nine Hundred Two
Scythe Mugen 3 PC Games Hardware Edition
Corsair Vengeance CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9
Cooler Master Silent Pro M1000

Can anybody help ? :)

alexoiu

Titan
Nov 1, 2012
Best answers
Hi, Try clearing the CMOS firstly (unplug the power cord and remove the CMOS battery for few minutes). Insert all RAM modules and start the board. See if all RAMs are seen in Windows.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS