[SOLVED] Memory problem

reio

Prominent
Oct 20, 2021
Okay, so i wanted to upgrade my ram, so i took out my single stick of 8GB ram, and wanted to see what type of stick it was (To get the same stick)
After putting it back in, my pc couldn't get past post anymore, and if it could, then games randomly started blackscreening, and crashing.
When i took out the RAM, then I didnt TOUCH anything besides RAM.
If it could boot, then it detects the ram correctly.

So, i thought that i damaged the motherboard, i switched the motherboard, and games still crash. (Idk if it matters, but in games i get a error like this: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION)
I've tried resetting my pc completely, upgraded drivers, etc, still crashes.

Specs:
Motherboard: GA-A230M-S2H (Old), ASROCK Phantom Gaming 4 (New)
Ram: 2x 8gb G.SKILL
CPU: Ryzen 3 3200g
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC

Solution
UPDATE: I think the problem is with my Graphics Card.
For example, when I try to play CSGO, after a few attempts the game freezes, but game still runs (If I press W,I hear walking)

Should i try something else too, or should i get a new graphics card?

NVidia drivers version: 496.13
If the card is at the edge of the amount of power the system can supply, then you might be able to go back to the factory overclock with a new power supply. Unfortunately most people won't have a better supply sitting around for testing. I think odds are that having the OEM replace the video card is more likely to solve the problem, but if this is not the problem, then you'd end up checking with a new power supply anyway, or living with clocking it...

reio

Prominent
Oct 20, 2021
Was the power unplugged to the motherboard, or just "off"? There is still power supplied when "off" (e.g., for wake on LAN or wake from moving a mouse/keyboard).
Exactly when you mean that? When i took out the RAM?
When i took out the ram, the computer was off.
I've never changed anything inside the computer while the computer was ON.
However, im not sure if i switched the PSU off.

reio

Prominent
Oct 20, 2021
For example, when I try to play CSGO, after a few attempts the game freezes, but game still runs (If I press W,I hear walking)

reio

Prominent
Oct 20, 2021
FIX: My graphics card came with pre-overclocked, simply by underclocking to stock speed (In my case it was 1380mhz, and stock was 1354mhz)
fixed the issues.

If the card is at the edge of the amount of power the system can supply, then you might be able to go back to the factory overclock with a new power supply. Unfortunately most people won't have a better supply sitting around for testing. I think odds are that having the OEM replace the video card is more likely to solve the problem, but if this is not the problem, then you'd end up checking with a new power supply anyway, or living with clocking it back to standard values.

Solution

reio

Prominent
Oct 20, 2021
If the card is at the edge of the amount of power the system can supply, then you might be able to go back to the factory overclock with a new power supply. Unfortunately most people won't have a better supply sitting around for testing. I think odds are that having the OEM replace the video card is more likely to solve the problem, but if this is not the problem, then you'd end up checking with a new power supply anyway, or living with clocking it back to standard values.
Nevermind, games still crash, reseting back to factory didn't help.

Nov 11, 2021
Interesting, I actually encountered a similar problem, only I had to replace the RAM altogether because I damaged the pins and didn't notice it, look more closely at the pins to see if they are broken.

TRENDING THREADS