Question Memory stop codes

Mar 11, 2023
Recently my computer has started crashing applications (mostly games) when loading into them and sometimes giving me a BSOD with multiple error codes such as "Memory Management", "Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area" and "pfn_List_Corrupt", I only built this computer around a year ago and it ran smoothly until now, nothing has changed inside the computer and I just started getting errors out of the blue, on some games ill get in and play for a little bit but get extreme stutters and sometimes just freeze completely, I noticed sometimes windows makes the USB disconnecting noise and after some messing around when I tap the side of my computer case it keeps disconnecting something from windows (specifically when tapping near the PSU), im unsure what this could be and don't want to go spending hundreds getting parts I don't need, any help will be appreciated thanks!

A cursory search for these errors points the most likely culprit is either RAM or the storage drive. So in no particular order of what to do:
  • Try reseating the components. Especially storage drive cables since they have a tendency to wiggle loose.
  • Disable Microsoft OneDrive (Not sure how this affects things, but it's one of the things on the troubleshooting list)
  • Open a command prompt as an administrator and run sfc /scannow, this will check the OS files to make sure they're still OK
  • Open a command prompt as an administrator and run chkdsk /r c: to scan the OS drive for errors (I believe you can do this while logged in Windows, it'll just ask you to restart. If this isn't the case you'll have to enter the recovery environment and run the command there)
  • Run a memory diagnostic tool
    • Windows has one if you search in the Start Menu for "Windows Memory Diagnostic"
    • You can also run a tool called memtest86+, but this requires a USB drive you're okay with wiping
    • If you don't mind spending money for software, another RAM test tool that I saw got a lot of positive remarks is Karhu RAM Test

Mar 11, 2023
Hi, thanks for the help, my computer is no longer crashing but I still cannot play any heavy load games, I can currently load and play Counter-Strike Global Offensive: without any issues but any other games such as Sons Of The Forest keeps crashing the moment I load into the map. I also still keep hearing the windows USB disconnecting sound randomly or when I lightly tap the side of my computer case.

This is a list of things I tried.

Unplugged and refitted both of my ram sticks.
Microsoft OneDrive was already disabled.
Ran both SFC and CHKDSK as administrator.
Ran memtest86 on both RAM sticks individually and it came back with zero errors.
Ran SAMSUNG magician to diagnose any errors on my SSD and it came back in good condition.

Mar 11, 2023
I managed to fix the issue, the cause was a PCIE WiFi card, I don't know how that can cause my computer and applications to crash but its solved now, Thanks for the help though.