Memory the ad states..

crackedpots79

Honorable
Apr 27, 2018
I am kinda lost and a bit confused.. I have had a question about purchased memory.. Memory the ad states its a 3766 Mhz Ram module.. but is it really.. does it have a fixed MHz rating such as DDR4 2166 is the base and the top MHz is 3766 is 3766 that the over clocked speed?
in buying a motherboard I am trying to pair the highest affordable memory I can with the Motherboard. Not really sure if the memory I am viewing will work on my board.. even though the seller states it will, and he mentioned using XMP except the computer is not built yet.. so I cant readily check XMP for memory I have yet to purchase.

Solution
Most DDR4 RAM have starting frequency of 2133MHz and everything over that is considered overclocking either manually or by XMP.
Check memory QVL list for that MB and pick RAM from that list or RAM with same details as any on that list.
Most DDR4 RAM have starting frequency of 2133MHz and everything over that is considered overclocking either manually or by XMP.
Check memory QVL list for that MB and pick RAM from that list or RAM with same details as any on that list.

Solution