Question Memory Timing Issues (XMP Greyed out)

May 27, 2023
Hello,

I have Corsair Vengeance 8x2 3200mhz. Basically, my issue is that on sticker its written 16-20-20-38 something like this and in reality my rams are working at 24, 23, 23, 52.

So I have 2 queries, my pc is stuttering when I'm playing any game and fps is dropping a lot. Is this because of the rams? Should I change it or is it the motherboard? I just bought B450M-DS3H before it was A520M-S2H. Secondly, is there anyway I can fix this issue?

Moreover, I changed the CLS timing manually on my previous motherboard and in this mobo, it is locked. I can't change it manually, It just wouldn't let me go in.

PS: My BIOS is not updated atm but previous mobo bios was updated and I had the same issue.

PC Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
GTX 1080
B450M-DS3H
Corsair Vengeance 8x2 3200mhz

CPU-Z Picture of my RAM: View: https://imgur.com/a/43G4iKo

Last edited:
Hey there,

Can you also show us the 'SPD' tab, cheers

Anything related to ram issues, can often be solved with the bios update, If it's too outdated, then you may not get compatibility for the DIMMs. The bios update could solve your problem.

Be sure to clear CMOS after any bios update as if you don't there could still be issuies.

Reactions: John smith99
May 27, 2023
Thank you for your response, I have attached the SPD tab screenshot aswell in the post, Kindly check.

I'll update the BIOS today and will let you know if my problem got fixed.

May 27, 2023
Hey, I just checked my bios is upto date. What else could be the issue? And yes, CPU-Z is upto date.

I'm thinking of trying one stick at a time and check if the XMP will get enabled? Should I do that?

Last edited: