[SOLVED] Memory usage 40%, CPU usage 1-2%, computer unresponsive and has 2 minute delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 18, 2021
Hello i started encountering this issue yesterday night. I don't know what caused it because i didn't make any changes yesterday. Task manager shows my physical memory usage at around 40% and CPU usage around 10-12% but does go lower sometimes. I only have google chrome open, however even with chrome and other applications closed, my memory still remains around 39-40%. My computer is unresponsive, anything i do and there is a lagg and it opens up 2 minutes later. Any help is appreciated. I've already scanned for malware so i don't think it's that. This is some technical issue i think. Oh and i have gotten the memory error that pops up a few times but it doesn't ask me to close any specific application, just that there is not enough memory available.
windows 7 - 64bit - 8gb ram.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021
CPU usage i just checked went down to 1% and even 0% for a few seconds, while memory is 49%, makes no sense.
I have ran malwarebytes/adwcleaner/roguekiller and found nothing. Ai Suite 3 says my CPU temp is 52.0, motherboard 44.0, CPUHW ID monitor shows my GPU temp at 58.0.
Unfortunately i can't seem to find my hdd usage % because resource monitor in task manager has never worked for me. I click it and the outer layer of the window opens but it doesn't show anything, never thought anything of it because it's always been like that. is there another way to check my disk usage? if you're talking about how much of my disk space i have used, it's around 97%, i have 26.6gb available free out of 936gb total. I'm a bit confused if this is what you mean by disk usage or something else. I uploaded a screenshot of what it looks like when i try and open perf monitor via task manager. View: https://imgur.com/nLo5rf6

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021
That doesn't make any sense. My disk space has been that same amount for quite some time, why would it randomly out of the blue decide to make my computer freeze up and unresponsive like this when nothing has changed? my memory is high but what does that have to do with disk usage? i forgot to mention before making this thread i deleted about 15gb worth, so before that it was around 7gb remaining i think but again why would it work fine and then just do this randomly at a later date? it worked fine for so long at that same disk usage %.

Nov 18, 2021
I deleted more things and now have 70gb free, but my memory usage in task manager is still 56% and my computer still feels laggy, albeit less than before i restarted and deleted stuff. How do i get my memory usage down? something is either leaking memory or some technical aspect is not working as intended.

Nov 18, 2021
I tried some other solutions and now my memory is around 22% but my computer still feels laggy, i do not know what is going on. The long delay and unresponsive issues seemed to be gone but the computer still being slow means the issue is not completely fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.