[SOLVED] Memory Usage Not Adding Up

MASTERGRIEF

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016
I have been playing Rust lately, and have been noticing some extreme, consistent frame drops recently. I go check my Task Manager, and it says 91% of my Memory is being utilized, I looked at the applications, and there is hardly anything taking up even 1gb of Memory alone. There is nothing I have open to amount to 15gb of Memory being used. Even when everything on my desktop is closed, 88-90% of Memory is being used. Can anyone help me figure out why it is doing this. I have gone into my BIOS and both DIMM's are detected. If no one can figure it out, that's fine, I was planning on getting 32 anyway, just not this soon. Thanks!

Solution
Can you provide screenshots of Task Manager? It might be wise to run some antivirus/antimalware software like ADWCleaner. I've never seen 16 gigs of RAM being used by something, let alone having Task Manager show all of your RAM being in use. Both sticks are recognized in BIOS, but does Windows see it too? Are you using XMP?
Can you provide screenshots of Task Manager? It might be wise to run some antivirus/antimalware software like ADWCleaner. I've never seen 16 gigs of RAM being used by something, let alone having Task Manager show all of your RAM being in use. Both sticks are recognized in BIOS, but does Windows see it too? Are you using XMP?

Reactions: MASTERGRIEF
Solution

MASTERGRIEF

Commendable
Sep 14, 2016
Fixed, had to enable XMP, lol I'm an idiot, unfortunately that created a new issue...