Question 'MEMORY_MANAGEMENT' BSOD randomly when I shutdown or restart

Feb 22, 2019
(This has never happened to me during the year I've owned this computer)
As the question states, sometimes when trying to shutdown or restart my PC, I am hit with a BSOD. The stop code is always 'MEMORY_MANAGEMENT'. Of course the first thing I did was test my memory, which pulled up no errors, I didn't think it was this as my PC has never BSOD'd during use only when shutdown or restarted. This is very annoying especially when having to restart my computer after installing an update, or a driver for exmaple. Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Thanks.

My specs:
AMD ryzen 7 1700
MSI armor OC GTX 1060 6gb
AsRock AB350M-HDV
2x8 crucial DDR4 2400
1TB WD blue HDD
windows 10 home 64 bit
seasonic 520w bronze PSU

EDIT: after analyzing .DMP files with WhoCrashed it says that the cause of the problem is ntoskrnl.exe

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you go to c windows/minidump
copy the minidump files to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

Whocrashed blames about half the errors it finds on ntoskrnl. NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause

How did you test RAM?

Feb 22, 2019
Can you go to c windows/minidump
copy the minidump files to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link here and I will get someone to convert file into a format I can read

Whocrashed blames about half the errors it finds on ntoskrnl. NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause

How did you test RAM?
Windows memory diagnostic tool.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/btwgefmg4m4slof/MEMORY.DMP/file

Feb 22, 2019
Try running memtesst86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 8 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

i will get @gardenman to convert the bsod dumps for us, into a format I can read.
My memtest has finished (I already started one last night), zero errors found. I downloaded HW monitor and my temps are all normal and nothing to worry about. It must be a buggy driver somewhere.

I didn't expect a ram problem as my computer runs fine without issues, only sometimes when i restart or shutdown, it hits me with the BSOD.

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, I just got you to run it to make sure. Do you know if ram is on motherboards compatibility list? I weill be checking that one Gardenmans report is available.
My PC has been working fine for the year I've owned it, this week is the first time I've ever seen this issue happen. The RAM is definetly compatible with my MOBO.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pastebin.com/pfQWPQkB

File information:MEMORY.DMP (Feb 22 2019 - 17:04:44)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: explorer.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 15 Min(s), and 33 Sec(s)

Comment: Most memory.dmps that I review are corrupted, or my debugger doesn't like them for some reason. This one was no different. There were many errors in the results that I've edited out.

Comment: 2 or more types of RAM are installed. Model numbers:
CT8G4DFD824A.C16FF
CT8G4DFD824A.C16FHP

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350M-HDV/index.asp
There are BIOS updates available for your system. They have special update instructions. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information soon. Please wait for more answers. Good luck.

Feb 22, 2019
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://pastebin.com/pfQWPQkB

File information:MEMORY.DMP (Feb 22 2019 - 17:04:44)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: explorer.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 15 Min(s), and 33 Sec(s)

Comment: Most memory.dmps that I review are corrupted, or my debugger doesn't like them for some reason. This one was no different. There were many errors in the results that I've edited out.

Comment: 2 or more types of RAM are installed. Model numbers:
CT8G4DFD824A.C16FF
CT8G4DFD824A.C16FHP

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350M-HDV/index.asp
There are BIOS updates available for your system. They have special update instructions. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

I can't help you with this. Someone else will post with more information soon. Please wait for more answers. Good luck.
That is indeed my MOBO.