[SOLVED] MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Caused by ntoskrnl.exe and WdFilter.sys

Seviade

Commendable
Aug 2, 2020
Hello, today i've started getting BSODs. All what i was doing is just playing games, and it blue screened.

I already opened the minidump in BlueScreenView and it looks that it was caused by 2 processes. ntoskrnl.exe and WdFilter.sys

For anyone who can diagnose better than me. Here is the link for minidump file : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KL27n70S7pgw-LS2er4nmverolECZ2kH/view?usp=sharing

PC Specs :

i5 4460
GTX 1060 6G
2x 4GB 1600MHz and 2x 4GB 1866MHz (Yes, i have mixed RAMs, but i don't think it's the problem because the faster ones are downclocked to run at 1600MHz, and i already have pc for a long time now)
Corsair VS450
B85-HD3

Edit : Forgot to mention. Im using Windows 10 1903 with 2 SSDs. The System one is Samsung EVO 860 250GB and the 2nd is Samsung EVO 870 500GB

Thanks for anyone who will try to help! :)

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
they were what crashed, they weren't cause
ntoskrnl = windows kernel
wdfilter.sys is part of Windows Defender

try updating lan drivers maybe.

I will ask a friend to convert the dumps

why are you on 1903? 21H1 is out and updates are free.

Colif

Win 11 Master
My last PC was a I5 4690K with a Z97 mb and 16gb of ram, and only a GTX 980, it was fine running all the versions of win 10 up until 20H1, so yours should be fine on the newer ones. If I were still using it, it would be on 21H1. The last 3 versions of windows 10 have been bug fixes so might work better.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/3xnzuqmk/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:081221-8171-01.dmp (Aug 12 2021 - 12:16:59)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: ShooterGame.exe)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 23 Hour(s), 13 Min(s), and 23 Sec(s)

Comment: 2 or more types of RAM are installed.

Comment: The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-B85-HD3-rev-20/support#support-dl
There's multiple revisions of your motherboard. If you are using Revision 2.0, then you have the latest BIOS already installed. You are using BIOS version FH.

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution

Seviade

Commendable
Aug 2, 2020
After i updated GPU and LAN Drivers it looks like it's not bsoding anymore. I'm not sure yet, as it was only 1 day. But it looks like it's fixed!

Seviade

Commendable
Aug 2, 2020
Alright, after a few days of using my pc it looks like it's fixed. If anyone can lock this thread, please do it as i don't need help anymore. :)

Thanks for people who helped me.

Reactions: Colif