Question Memtest - RAM Issues

Jul 6, 2024
Hey everyone, hope you're well.

Lately I've been experiencing some crashes on my PC. Basically I'll be playing a game and then after some time, either the game crashes and/or my PC goes into a state where it becomes extremely slow and unresponsive (when I click on things, nothing would happen until a lot of time would pass). I would have to force shutdown my PC every time this would happen.

My current RAM setup is 2x 8GB 2133MHz sticks and 1x 16GB 3200MHz stick. My motherboard is an ASUS B550-A PRO. The motherboard has slots which should be optimised (i.e. RAM needs to be in a specific order/place).

I ran separate memory tests on each stick and received no errors. However when running them altogether at the same time, I ran into quite a few errors especially on Test 7 (moving inversions). I'm really unsure as to why this is.

Any thoughts?

The only things that come to mind so far is that maybe it's something to do with the speed difference (but I thought by default the RAM runs at the lowest speed of 2133MHz), or that I need to get another stick so the RAM is fully optimised.

when running them altogether at the same time, I ran into quite a few errors especially on Test 7 (moving inversions). I'm really unsure as to why this is.
separate RAM kits are not meant to be mixed.

you may get lucky some small percentage of the time and no noticeable issues arise and even MEMTEST shows no errors.
but even then when using different RAM that share the exact same specs there can be small discrepancies in data read/writes that can cause some performance loss all across the board.
maybe it's something to do with the speed difference (but I thought by default the RAM runs at the lowest speed of 2133MHz), or that I need to get another stick so the RAM is fully optimised
if you want a certain amount of memory, buy a single kit that offers that.

Hey everyone, hope you're well.

Lately I've been experiencing some crashes on my PC. Basically I'll be playing a game and then after some time, either the game crashes and/or my PC goes into a state where it becomes extremely slow and unresponsive (when I click on things, nothing would happen until a lot of time would pass). I would have to force shutdown my PC every time this would happen.

My current RAM setup is 2x 8GB 2133MHz sticks and 1x 16GB 3200MHz stick. My motherboard is an ASUS B550-A PRO. The motherboard has slots which should be optimised (i.e. RAM needs to be in a specific order/place).

I ran separate memory tests on each stick and received no errors. However when running them altogether at the same time, I ran into quite a few errors especially on Test 7 (moving inversions). I'm really unsure as to why this is.

Any thoughts?

The only things that come to mind so far is that maybe it's something to do with the speed difference (but I thought by default the RAM runs at the lowest speed of 2133MHz), or that I need to get another stick so the RAM is fully optimised.
Mixing ram is iffy.
Install the proper bios.....test.
Remove the 3200 stick....test.