[SOLVED] Memtest results

Jun 5, 2020
I bought a new setup 2 weeks ago and im having bsod constantly, today i ran the Memtest and got a lot of errors... Dont know what it means and i dont know what to do, i really need help.

View: https://imgur.com/a/IVi653x

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xh1ra3bkp9jp270/memtest_results.zip/file

My setup:
Desktop
CPU: Intel Core i5-9600KF NEW
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B365M D3H NEW
RAM: HyperX Fury RGB, 16GB (2x8GB), 2666MHz, DDR4, CL16 NEW
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
HDD: SSD Adata XPG SX6000 1TB NEW
PSU: Corsair CX750 750W (Bought in 2017)

Solution
Ye its a kit of 2x8gb. I'll return it, i just sent infos to HyperX
I hope it gets better :/ im feeling really cuz its a Removed new setup

I just want to be sure where is the problem, to send the right hardware. Cuz im kinda scared if i send memory and keep having problems.
Right now it's your best bet, but if you keep having issues after replacement then my next guess would be that it's the motherboard.
It says that it put some value into ram, and when it read to test, it get another value. That means your RAM is corrupt.

If this test is performed with both ram sticks, you should take one ram stick out, and test both ram sticks alone to see which ram stick that is bad (because it's probably one and not both).

Reactions: mouviroth
Jun 5, 2020
It says that it put some value into ram, and when it read to test, it get another value. That means your RAM is corrupt.

If this test is performed with both ram sticks, you should take one ram stick out, and test both ram sticks alone to see which ram stick that is bad (because it's probably one and not both).
I'll do that, thanks a lot... maybe i'll need to active the guarantee for one stick?

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
I would contact the seller (if you just bought the RAM kit) and return it.
Or you can contact Kingston and RMA the RAM kit.
Either way you need to return both sticks and get a new 2 stick kit to ensure they will work properly together.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020
I would contact the seller (if you just bought the RAM kit) and return it.
Or you can contact Kingston and EMA the RAM kit.
Either way you need to return both sticks and get a new 2 stick kit to ensure they will work properly together.
Got it, im doing the tests with 1 Stick each time now. The first didnt appear any error.
just for curiosity, can this error be caused by the slots of the motherboard?

Got it, im doing the tests with 1 Stick each time now. The first didnt appear any error.
just for curiosity, can this error be caused by the slots of the motherboard?
Good. And repeat the test with the other one as well.

Yes it can, and that's why it is also important to test a single known working module in each slot of the motherboard to validate the slots. It could be a motherboard slot issue vs a memory one. Only way to find out is to run some tests. We can help you interpret the results. :)

Jun 5, 2020
Good. And repeat the test with the other one as well.

Yes it can, and that's why it is also important to test a single known working module in each slot of the motherboard to validate the slots. It could be a motherboard slot issue vs a memory one. Only way to find out is to run some tests. We can help you interpret the results. :)
I just finished the test with 1 stick, both in the same slot. I didnt get any errors maybe that curiosity that i thought can be happening... here is the results:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/c681dxrm7ip7ziu/mem_test_with_1_stick_(first_time).zip/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/iy6tg0en53kwg74/memtest_results_with_1_stick_(second_time).zip/file

NOW, I'll try another slot and after the test i'll be back too. These tests take a log time but worth a lot!
Btw, thank all for the attention, i really admire it

Reactions: DMAN999
Jun 5, 2020
Ok so, woke up 2 hours ago, when i woke up i saw 591 erros at the screen but the test stopped, freezed. So i needed to restart the pc and do it again.
And then no errors, its the second slot been tested and no erros, did it each memory at time.
So i completed the tests of the 2 slots that i was using BOTH RAMS, but the test now was using 1 ram each time.
Could be possible both rams didnt work well together? I dont see this cause they are the same...

Well the test that i got erros and freezed its in that link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/n6gtuhne7780i6x/SLOT_DDR4_3.zip/file

Resume: The first test off all was using both memorys (slot 4 and 3), when i got a lot of errors. The second test was using 1 ram each time in slot 4.
Them now was using 1 slot each time in slot 3. You guys can see the error that freezed in the archive memtest86.txt in the folder "1stick second time", it happens at 6:49 AM.... but them as i said, when i woke up i restart the pc and got no errors...
BTW, can be possible im had this issues at the first memtest because some config of bios? im really layman at this.

Jun 5, 2020
Ok i finished the tests, i did the tests in 3 slots, not 4 cuz i think isnt needed...
So i need to explain what i did, i have (I just named the memories as 89 and 11).
Test 1: errors and a lot of errors u guys saw that. (using slot 4 and 3).
Test 2: Using slot 4 (1 memory each time) = no errors from both
Test 3: Using slot 3 (1 memory each time) = the memory 11 got NO errors, while memory 089 had errors that i said last reply, the errors happened at 6;49 them i restarted the pc and no errors. But yet had errors right? prob at the files u guys wont see the errors from 6:49 AM, but it was there... Then as i said, i restarted and went well.
Test 4: Using slot 2 (1 memory each time)= the memory 11 got NO errors, while memory 089 had 158 errors.
I didnt test slot 1 cuz i think wasnt needed but i can do the test too.

Conclusion: I'll try to work with the memory 089 being in slot 4 and the memory 11 in any slot cuz it didnt get errors. Tomorrow if i get bsod again i'll active guarantee. What u guys think? If somebody can advise me :)

Btw if u guys wanna take a look at the tests:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ttcgr2nh9c7q5is/Memory_Tests_results.zip/file

Ok i finished the tests, i did the tests in 3 slots, not 4 cuz i think isnt needed...
So i need to explain what i did, i have (I just named the memories as 89 and 11).
Test 1: errors and a lot of errors u guys saw that. (using slot 4 and 3).
Test 2: Using slot 4 (1 memory each time) = no errors from both
Test 3: Using slot 3 (1 memory each time) = the memory 11 got NO errors, while memory 089 had errors that i said last reply, the errors happened at 6;49 them i restarted the pc and no errors. But yet had errors right? prob at the files u guys wont see the errors from 6:49 AM, but it was there... Then as i said, i restarted and went well.
Test 4: Using slot 2 (1 memory each time)= the memory 11 got NO errors, while memory 089 had 158 errors.
I didnt test slot 1 cuz i think wasnt needed but i can do the test too.

Conclusion: I'll try to work with the memory 089 being in slot 4 and the memory 11 in any slot cuz it didnt get errors. Tomorrow if i get bsod again i'll active guarantee. What u guys think? If somebody can advise me :)

Btw if u guys wanna take a look at the tests:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ttcgr2nh9c7q5is/Memory_Tests_results.zip/file
For dual channel you want the RAM to be in alternate slots, so put the 89 stick in slot 4 and 11 stick in slot 2. Using slot 4 and 3 is not optimal as they are both on the same channel, so use either slot 2 and 4 or slot 1 and 3. Since you haven't tested slot 1, it's best to use 2 and 4, and put 89 stick in slot 4 since it had no errors. With this configuration, do another memtest, and if you get errors, return the RAM and get a replacement.

Jun 5, 2020
For dual channel you want the RAM to be in alternate slots, so put the 89 stick in slot 4 and 11 stick in slot 2. Using slot 4 and 3 is not optimal as they are both on the same channel, so use either slot 2 and 4 or slot 1 and 3. Since you haven't tested slot 1, it's best to use 2 and 4, and put 89 stick in slot 4 since it had no errors. With this configuration, do another memtest, and if you get errors, return the RAM and get a replacement.
Thanks a lot! I'm going to do this, but should i do the memtest now with both rams?

Jun 5, 2020
Test with whichever RAM you plan on using finally. You could test slot 1 as well if you want to, but it's not necessary if you aren't going to use it.
Btw, im using slot 4 and 2 (089 is on 4, and 11 is on 2), side to side.
I'll do the memtest with this slots.
I hope it works!
Do i need to test againg 1 memory each? And, i wont test slot 1 for now, its ok i wont use it
Strangely, the technician that installed my ram did this that u said to dont do (he installed in 4-3 slot)...
Tomorrow i come back to give u guys the feedback!

Btw, im using slot 4 and 2 (089 is on 4, and 11 is on 2), side to side.
I'll do the memtest with this slots.
I hope it works!
Do i need to test againg 1 memory each? And, i wont test slot 1 for now, its ok i wont use it
Strangely, the technician that installed my ram did this that u said to dont do (he installed in 4-3 slot)...
Tomorrow i come back to give u guys the feedback!
When you numbered the slots, they were in order right? I mean 1 and 2 are together on the board, 2 and 3 are together and 3 and 4 are together? You basically have to leave one slot between the two RAM sticks, it usually doesn't matter where you start with - just have one empty slot between the two RAM sticks.

No need to test one stick, just put both of them and then run the memtest,

Jun 5, 2020
When you numbered the slots, they were in order right? I mean 1 and 2 are together on the board, 2 and 3 are together and 3 and 4 are together? You basically have to leave one slot between the two RAM sticks, it usually doesn't matter where you start with - just have one empty slot between the two RAM sticks.

No need to test one stick, just put both of them and then run the memtest,
I didnt named, the slot, just the memories. I said slot 1,2,3,4 cuz its on the guide of the motherboard
Its SLOT DDR4_4
SLOT DDR4_2
SLOT DDR4_3
SLOT DDR4_1
4 and 3 have the same colors (black) and 2 and 1 are grey.

I used and ran memtest with 4 and 3 didnt get any errors, but i'll let as u said: 089 in 4 and 11 in slot 3 (1 slot between them)

View: https://imgur.com/a/F3HBjKT

https://www.mediafire.com/file/rt8clgbfvv1d35z/SLOT_4_and_2.zip/file

I'm going to run the memtest with slot 4 and 3 too. I just got bsod... Always at morning in the first boot. idk what to do anymore

Jun 5, 2020
I would install then in slots 1 and 2 (the grey slots) which is the recommended configuration from Page 10 in your manual:
https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_b365m-d3h_v1_e.pdf

Then run Memtest86, if they return any errors I would return them and get a new kit.
Nice, i did that and got no errors, here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/4qmbvklj0g5ehzs/slot_2_and_1_(grey).zip/file

I just really hope i dont have BSOD tomorrow, always my bsod were at morning when i wake up.
Today i got one "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" (failed: ntfs.sys)".

I think its solved right? The thing about the rams.

Nice, i did that and got no errors, here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/4qmbvklj0g5ehzs/slot_2_and_1_(grey).zip/file

I just really hope i dont have BSOD tomorrow, always my bsod were at morning when i wake up.
Today i got one "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" (failed: ntfs.sys)".

I think its solved right? The thing about the rams.
I'd say use the PC for some time before concluding anything, also now that it's not crashing I still suggest doing a memtest64 run now, since it's a better utility and might give you better results. I hope the issue is resolved, and my bad assuming the slots were numbered in order, looks like you should have used slots 1 and 2 or slots 3 and 4.

Jun 5, 2020
I'd say use the PC for some time before concluding anything, also now that it's not crashing I still suggest doing a memtest64 run now, since it's a better utility and might give you better results. I hope the issue is resolved, and my bad assuming the slots were numbered in order, looks like you should have used slots 1 and 2 or slots 3 and 4.

Just did the second test, both no errors, i think its ok now.
I'll just hope to dont get bsod tomorrow when i start up the computer :) Them if not i'll let as solved the question. Thank you all for the help!
I'm trying to contact the seller, cuz if i get any bsod tomorrow i'll active guarantee, even if i dont know whats the problem.
But anyway, the test with rams right now is ok, 2 tests ok.

Jun 5, 2020
I hope it gets better :/ im feeling really cuz its a <Mod Edit> new setup

I just want to be sure where is the problem, to send the right hardware. Cuz im kinda scared if i send memory and keep having problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope it gets better :/ im feeling really cuz its a Removed new setup

Right now it's your best bet, but if you keep having issues after replacement then my next guess would be that it's the motherboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution