Question Message on-screen says "Cannot be used available in d-sub signal only" ?

DigitalZero

Prominent
Apr 29, 2020
Hi, just today my LG monitor (24EN43) just started having a message pop up and flickering like crazy that says "Cannot be used available in d-sub signal only".

I recently got an RTX 2060 Super that has 3 x DisplayPorts and only one HDMI, and sadly my LG monitor previously mentioned is only HDMI and VGA, I currently have two monitors, my main one is using a DisplayPort cable but the second monitor, the one having the issue, is showing the flickering message. I'm wondering if anyone know how to fix this or if it's the monitor going dead or something akin to that. Thank you

DigitalZero

Prominent
Apr 29, 2020
D Sub = VGA so it sounds like its a function of the monitor that can only be used in VGA
I assume you using HDMI

i tried to find some functions in the manual it might relate to. Nothing stands out. - https://www.lg.com/us/support/product/lg-24EN43V-B.AUS
Yeah, I'm only using HDMI, from what I've been able to gather after a few frustrating hours is that it might be the buttons on the monitor acting up/being stuck/sticky and randomly pressing themselves or something like that but it seems the only way to deal with it is by taking the monitor apart. Thank you for looking though