Question messed up BIOS on first boot up

Jun 14, 2023
Hello, I recently built my first PC after saving up a good bit of money and had a decently good time building it, had no major issues.
However, upon attempting my first boot, disaster struck as the BIOS screen was extremely messed up, unusably so. I'm really scared that my build is kaput after all that preparation and I really hope someone can help, all the ressources I've found online assume that the reader has windows or some other OS installed and are entirely useless
Additionally, on boot, the CPU debug LED lights red for about a second, VGA white for another second then BOOT stays green, I've had difficulty finding reliable information on the meaning of these but I have no doubt that it's bad.

My components are:
MAG X570S TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI
RYZEN 7 5700X
GEFORCE RTX 3060 VENTUS 2X
CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB x 2
CORSAIR RM750X PSU
SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2
on a ASUS VG248QG display

Jun 14, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you add images to what you're seeing as a messed up screen ? Are you recycling any part in your build, like the OS drive? Which slot is the M.2 drive populating on the motherboard?
thank you for the the quick reply, all the parts ive used are brand new unless newegg pulled a fast one on me. the M.2 drive is using the first slot which is located right between the main PCIe slot and the CPU socket.

I've also added the required image here:
IMG_9499.jpg

as a note, I forgot to add this to my previous post, but I was quite stressed while installing the CPU cooler as it required a good bit of pressure to get the brackets in place, even after loosening them. I fear that may have caused some damage to the CPU itself thought I am unsure
for reference, i used an Arctic Freezer 7X as CPU cooler
I'm also starting to think this may not be as fixable as I had hoped...

Jun 14, 2023
Hello, I recently built my first PC after saving up a good bit of money and had a decently good time building it, had no major issues.
However, upon attempting my first boot, disaster struck as the BIOS screen was extremely messed up, unusably so. I'm really scared that my build is kaput after all that preparation and I really hope someone can help, all the ressources I've found online assume that the reader has windows or some other OS installed and are entirely useless
Additionally, on boot, the CPU debug LED lights red for about a second, VGA white for another second then BOOT stays green, I've had difficulty finding reliable information on the meaning of these but I have no doubt that it's bad.

My components are:
MAG X570S TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI
RYZEN 7 5700X
GEFORCE RTX 3060 VENTUS 2X
CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB x 2
CORSAIR RM750X PSU
SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2
on a ASUS VG248QG display
UPDATE: I believe it may be an issue with the base BIOS version of my mobo, it is stamped with MS 7D54 1.1 which I assume is equivalent to 7D54v11, after searching some compatibility charts it seems that the Ryzen 7 5700x is compatible starting with 7D54v12, this may be good though as if updating the BIOS is possible that may fix my issue

can I get some confirmation though, I assume you all know far better than me

UPDATE: I believe it may be an issue with the base BIOS version of my mobo, it is stamped with MS 7D54 1.1 which I assume is equivalent to 7D54v11, after searching some compatibility charts it seems that the Ryzen 7 5700x is compatible starting with 7D54v12, this may be good though as if updating the BIOS is possible that may fix my issue

can I get some confirmation though, I assume you all know far better than me
Latest BIOS here

I`ve attempted updating the BIOS, but I am getting the same result, I believe then that this may really be that a piece of hardware is broken.
Considering the display in your image I'd agree and the problem looks to be something with the GPU, monitor or cable.

Things to check: cable connections from PC to monitor make sure they're fully inserted both ends, try different output ports on the GPU and even on the monitor if it has more than one.

Then things get more difficult since narrowing down means swapping monitor and/or GPU. If you have another of either try them. Also try different cables; especially try changing from display port to HDMI or vice versa.