News Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition First to Support DualSense Controller on PC

excalibur1814

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
"PlayStation DualSense controller "

But.... why? WHY?

Mouse+Keyboard wins all day long, so why on this green earth would you ever, EVER, use a stupid controller to play a fps?

"you already have one, right? " - No and I never will. I have an Xbox controller and that's about it (for racing games).

keithdmitchell

Reputable
May 2, 2017
www.theouterhaven.net
Because
"PlayStation DualSense controller "

But.... why? WHY?

Mouse+Keyboard wins all day long, so why on this green earth would you ever, EVER, use a stupid controller to play a fps?

"you already have one, right? " - No and I never will. I have an Xbox controller and that's about it (for racing games).
Because one of the selling points for PC gaming is you can use whatever controller you want. Don't like the controller, don't use one. Hell, I use KBM and controller for various games. Maybe someone coming from console prefers a controller.

That's like asking why people are now using gamepads instead of fight sticks for games like Street Fighter. Because they can and they enjoy it.

keithdmitchell

Reputable
May 2, 2017
www.theouterhaven.net
any person who is serious about arcade style fighting games will tell you arcade stick > any gamepad.

even the best gamepad has awful d pads and joysticks on controllers is awful for precision inputs.
You tell that to the fighting game pros who compete at the highest levels such as Winter Brawl, Evo and etc, that play on pad.

I'm talking about Punk, MenaRD, Snake Eyez, Takeuchi, Phenom, Infexious, just to name a few. It comes down to preference, and the character that's being used. Hell, last time I checked, Luffy was using a PS1 controller.

They even make accessories to enhance gamepads like they do fight sticks.

excalibur1814

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Because one of the selling points for PC gaming is you can use whatever controller you want. Don't like the controller, don't use one.

Ten seconds online and your backside is handed to you.

Newb: "But why?"
Pro: "You using a controller?"
Newb: "Yeah!"
Pro: "Newb. Use a keyboard and mouse!"
Newb: "K!"

You can use whatever you want and we ALL know that. You know EXACTLY what I'm saying. Example: Playing Halo 1-5 with a controller wasn't bad, but it would have been so much better with a K+M.

P.s. Yeah, I get it, it's your article so WOW if anyone states anything other than what you believe.

keithdmitchell

Reputable
May 2, 2017
www.theouterhaven.net
Ten seconds online and your backside is handed to you.

Newb: "But why?"
Pro: "You using a controller?"
Newb: "Yeah!"
Pro: "Newb. Use a keyboard and mouse!"
Newb: "K!"

You can use whatever you want and we ALL know that. You know EXACTLY what I'm saying. Example: Playing Halo 1-5 with a controller wasn't bad, but it would have been so much better with a K+M.

P.s. Yeah, I get it, it's your article so WOW if anyone states anything other than what you believe.
It's not just my article. I've been playing PC games with a KBM for over 20 freaking years. But I'm not so ignorant to think that others can't use what they want. If you think that way, that's all you and that's fine. I know plenty of "gaming pros" (I hate that word) that use a gamepad and controller in games dominated by KBM and do exceptionally well. I haven't denied anything you said, but I did back up my comments with facts.

Part of the gig is being unbiased. I can admit when I'm wrong. And yes, I hate playing an FPS with a gamepad - unless I'm forced to or unless I'm playing a single-player game and on my cough (with my HTPC setup).

This would be more interesting if it were a game from a genre that plays better on gamepads. While I do use a gamepad for many titles, an FPS is not something I would play with one, if given a choice. It does imply that other games may support these features in the future though.

Not that I have a DualSense controller, but either it or some other controller supporting its feature-set might be worth considering eventually if there were a significant number of PC games supporting those special features. Though really, I expect the low availability of the new consoles to also slow the adoption of the DualSense on PCs for some time, and most developers probably won't bother with such features if the vast majority of the gamepads people are using on PC don't support them.

keithdmitchell

Reputable
May 2, 2017
www.theouterhaven.net
There was a poll that was conducted by Valve a while back that showed controller/gamepad usage on the rise. Shortly afterward, Valve had been asking developers to consider adding gamepad support to their games, even if it wasn't originally planned.